Compliance Monitoring Officer
My Manchester based Insurance client are currently recruiting for a Compliance Monitoring Officer.
The primary focus of the Compliance Monitoring team is to support the business in fulfilling their compliance accountabilities.
This will entail conducting risk based monitoring reviews, both routine and thematic, to assess the extent to which line management complies with regulatory procedural requirements and relevant internal control standards put in place to ensure the Company meets external legal and regulatory requirements.
The Monitoring Officer will be responsible for conducting themed reviews and for participating in and supervising monitoring and oversight throughout the Company and supporting the business units with recommendations in resolving actions and outcomes from monitoring reviews.
Some Key Responsibilities
- Assist and drive completion of the Compliance Monitoring plan.
- Assist in developing and implementing an effective compliance culture throughout the Company.
- Support and lead regular reviews of the business units, key business processes and the activities of the Company to ensure continued adherence to and effective implementation of policies, procedures and regulations.
- Carry out monitoring (including field based reviews as appropriate) of the Company’s Trading Partners ensuring they meet, and continue to meet, FCA expectations
Knowledge & Experience
- A thorough understanding of the FCA Handbook
- Experience in 2nd line compliance monitoring.
- Experience of working within the Insurance Sector
- Commercial awareness and the ability to take a pragmatic approach in understanding and applying regulatory requirements, including the understanding of confidential issues and the use of discretion.
- Being able to learn and understand new subjects quickly, and deliver high quality output within tight deadlines.