Would you like to join a progressive, market-leading organisation, who are a leading force in the Food services industry?
How about joining an organisation who maintains its market edge through ongoing investment and expansion?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Credit Controller to join our team in Preston.
This role is responsible for managing a section of our Sales Ledger by telephone, email and letter, ensuring that customers pay according to their agreed payment terms, whilst maintaining good business relationships.
Main responsibilities include:
- Handling both incoming and outgoing calls
- Dealing with customers' queries and requests as they arise; investigating account queries
- Daily/weekly banking
- Making outbound calls to customers to chase up unpaid invoices, recording notes on customer accounts
- Allocation of receipts to individual accounts
- Pro-active cash collection
- Reconciling accounts
- Communicating with customers to prevent and foresee any issues relating to non - payment of debt; identifying and emphasising potential bad debt issues to the Credit Manager
- Assuming responsibility for issuing statements and customer letters
- Taking card payments and recording on centralised spreadsheet
- Generating any necessary credit reviews, making your own recommendations and providing the relevant information to the Credit Manager for assessment
- Continuous monitoring of credit limit accounts & new credit applications
- Maintaining credit hold accounts, obtaining payment & releasing orders as necessary
- Full communication with external sales executives
- Assuming responsibility for upkeep of master files
- You may also be required to undertake other duties which are deemed to be within the business needs
- Holiday cover for other team members
Please be aware that we do not accept unsolicited CVs from outside agencies.
Credit Controller | Credit Control | Sales Ledger Clerk | Credit Control Administrator | Sales Ledger
Additional Salary Information:
Pension scheme, bonus scheme, 28 days holiday.
- Smart appearance
- Clear and concise
- Confident and enthusiastic
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Comfortable in a very fast paced environment
- Working knowledge and understanding of credit limits
- 1 year experience of working in credit control
- Experience of dealing with B2B and B2C customers
- Experience of performing credit reviews
- Experience of dealing with customer queries
- Customer focussed approach
- Experience taking card payments over the phone
- Able to effectively utilise various computer systems
We are a leading distributor to the food service, manufacturing and bakery industries, providing quality raw materials and finished products.
Launched over 50 years ago, we are a forward thinking company, offering leading industry brand names, together with our own 'national' brand, produced for us by carefully selected manufacturers.
Our dedicated vehicle fleet currently distributes ambient, chilled and frozen goods, together with additional non-food products to our extensive customer base who demand competitive pricing and excellent service.