We are seeking an MRICS Chartered Building Surveyor to join this dynamic Building and Property Company which is going from strength to strength. Based in our Manchester offices you will work on a variety of project work in the commercial and supported living sector and assist in the expansion of extensive property portfolio and project acquisitions. We offer a broad project mix and opportunities for travel around the UK with exposure to a diverse range of property types. We’re looking for people with a passion for property and a desire to progress in their professional career.
Successful candidates will be confident, self-motivated and adept at delivering traditional building surveying activities.
Main Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities
In joining the Concept Division, you will undertake the initial acquisition surveys and appraisal work in conjunction with the development surveying team. General duties are:-
- Building condition reports and measured surveys across a range of building types and ages.
- Appraising property adaptions for Adults with Learning Disabilities (ALD).
- Dilapidations surveys across a range of building types and ages.
- Preparation of works schedules and feasibility studies in conjunction with the clients brief.
- Budget Reinstatement-cost assessments in conjunction with the development surveying teams.
- Represent the company with partnering organizations.
- Desk top studies of sites and obtaining basic due diligence information.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• A company focused hard working attitude
- A willingness to travel within the UK when required
- Basic AutoCAD experience preferable
• Ability to be self-motivated and work to deadlines
• Experience in all domestic and commercial building surveying activities
• Leadership and team working skills
• Strong communication skills
• Commercially astute
• Support collaborative cross-divisional working
- Salary 35-40K + company vehicle allowance dependant on experience.