Sales and Marketing Manager
Are you passionate about Retail Energy and ready to take the next step in your career? Our client is an ambitious independent data analytics and trading business anchored within the energy space. The Sales and Marketing Manager will manage all aspects of the company sales and marketing activities. We are looking for someone who can take ownership and enjoys promoting both existing and introductory energy supply products and services. So, if you have a proven record of delivery in a similar role we are looking to hear from you!
- Create the Strategic Sales and Marketing Plan to drive commercial success in all demographic sectors within the Communities in which we operate, through Community based teams and Digital Marketing channels.
- Work in partnership to develop and maintain in-depth understanding of the community energy market, the value chain for leveraged products and services and competitor landscape within each market the company operates.
- Create and execute customer focused sales and marketing strategies and drive competitive advantage by adding value to the Community energy marketing proposition.
- Deliver the agreed annual Sales and Marketing Plan and effectively manage resources necessary including people, budget, target sales etc.
- Improve the customer experience by creating clear plans and objectives ensuring consistency of approach throughout the Sale and Marketing organisation as business grows.
- Lead monthly strategic Sales and Marketing Reviews with each region as per company plan for accelerated growth.
- Leadership role to develop Sales and Marketing team members and initiatives and associated budgets within energy supply operating region(s).
- Provide a high level of customer insight into all business departments, including clear understanding of market size, customer needs, buying behaviour, competitors and strategic positioning; utilise this data to develop effective strategies to achieve competitive advantage in the market.
Skills and Experience:
- Educated to degree level (ideally marketing related) - Desirable
- Senior strategic marketing professional with extensive experience of B2C and B2B sectors in a product focused environment
- Experience and demonstrable success in developing compelling value propositions within Sales and Marketing discipline at management level.
- Ability to manage a small team and lead the commercial sales and marketing strategy of an accelerated growth company form Start-Up phase
- Knowledge and experience of telecoms, the domestic energy markets and or community based sales sector an advantage, though not essential.
- Engaging and confident individual with strong interpersonal and influencing skills, with proven ability to work effectively within a small team scenario.
- Strong financial and analytical skills