UX & Design Director
XE is looking for an experienced Director of User Experience & Design, responsible for building best-in-class, digital experiences for our XE, and HiFX brands globally. Managing a team of User Experience Designers, Visual Designers, User Researchers, Front End Engineers, and Optimization specialists, this role will define the overall UX design and direction for all digital products, integrating user research and visual design throughout the process. The Director of User Experience & Design must be highly collaborative, partnering with product, technology and stakeholders to ensure a simple, focused and delightful customer experience across all of our digital products around the world.
This is a fantastic time to join XE, we have only recently united HiFX and XE under the XE brand and have ambitious plans for the future. The 300 million unique visitors we had last year is only the beginning. Over the next few years we plan to significantly grow the reach of the brand whilst we continue to evolve and develop our products so we can fulfil the informational and transactional needs of more and more customers. At our heart we are customer focused, we realise that behind every currency query or transaction lies something important in the lives of our customers. To help our customers fulfil their dreams or achieve their business goals we rely heavily on technology so this role is pivotal to our future success.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Creates vision and strategy for overall user experience across web and mobile experiences
- Shapes the XE, and HiFX brands within our products, delivering a customer centred user experience that builds and enhances our brands
- Partners with stakeholders to create a vision and strategy with other areas (including Software Engineering, Product Management, Marketing) to ensure user experience supports our brand, meets stakeholder needs, and business goals.
- Ensures world class design quality end to end, across all design competencies, i.e., visual, content, interaction design, prototyping and user experience research
- Manages a team of User Experience Designers, Visual Designers, User Researchers, Front End Engineers, and Optimization specialists
- Communicates to senior executives overall UX & Optimization strategy and deliverables
- You are a proven results driven leader and can demonstrate how you have delivered effective solutions in a timely manner
- Experience building, managing and mentoring a team of cross-functional UX and Optimization professionals
- With proven leadership capabilities, you can show us how you have successfullyÂ implemented past projects by delegating and delivering through others; your passion for mentoring and developing high performing teams is obvious
- Exceptional cross-functional communication and collaboration skills, must be comfortable and confident leading discussions at all levels of the organization.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience designing rich, consumer web and mobile applications
- Superior knowledge of information architecture, user centred design, creative and visual design concepts as relates to website and mobile app design, and experience building complex design systems
- Hands-on experience with Agile, Lean and Design Thinking
- Experience with usability and accessibility guidelines and best practices
- Direct experience building usable prototypes
- Impeccable design aesthetic, attention to detail and familiarity with using data and customer insights to influence design decisions
- Knowledge of web & mobile development practices and technologies
- Must have previously built a research program and/or executed primary user experience research
- Ability to prioritize and manage work in a fast-paced, and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Must have a strong portfolio featuring examples of visual, interaction, and graphic design work from products that have been publicly released
- A degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong understanding of statistics, user experience metrics, data and optimization
- Experience in Financial Services or complex applications
- Previously worked with large distributed global teams
- Experience with highly regulated products
- Strong interest in digital payments