Policy and Reseach Manager
Medical membership and education body requires an experienced Policy professional to provide leadership and direction for all members and stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be required:
- to develop policy in respect of the issues affecting Fellows and members, other than issues specific to their specialty training, to inform the policy making and influencing agenda of the College. This includes oversight and delivery of relevant consultation responses to stakeholders and representing the College externally.
- to coordinate academic development and research in clinical radiology and clinical oncology
- Research, source, use and systematically store information and data of relevance to College policy, producing relevant briefing and position papers as necessary.
- Advise on and influence how information gathered should inform College policy and current and future work areas and the College’s role and position within the wider healthcare arena.
- Develop as agreed a series of College or Faculty-specific policy statements and ensure these are updated as required.
- Influence, advise on and act as a source of knowledge on relevant policy, and wider healthcare developments (including relevant political, economic, societal and technical developments) for staff, Officers, Fellows and members.
- Ensure organisational consistency and establish links across policy and project areas; across the Faculties; and across the whole of the UK recognising nation-specific issues and policy developments.
- Represent the the organisation at external meetings/events/working parties as required creating a network of policy contacts and intelligence sources.
- Structure and lead on the arrangements for College responses to consultation documents; this to include personally running high profile or sensitive responses.
- Ensure consistency in the College’s responses; that they adhere to the College’s previous position and are consistent across policy areas and across the Faculties.
- Work with officers, and academic committee chairs, strategically develop the academic research function, embedding its activity into mainstream College work.
- Manage the work of the Policy and Academic Research Administrator in supporting academic development and research in clinical radiology and clinical oncology.
Skills and experience:
- Demonstrable experience of policy development ideally including interfacing with medical professionals, and/or government departments engaged in the health care agenda in a similar role
- Managing and developing staff
- Strong strategic analytical evaluative skills, including ability to understand and analyse complex issues and problems and use information to further College interests as defined in the strategy and work plans
- Ability to adapt knowledge and disparate information in order to format and promote cohesive policy positions
- Ability to influence decision makers internally and externally
- Forge effective working relationships and to liaise, collaborate with and influence internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work collaboratively and consultatively, ensuring engagement from other staff and with the Officers and other College Leads
- Ability to lead, manage and motivate a team
- Confident professional able to take responsibility, working sensitively across staff teams, with members, Officers and other stakeholders