Activity Coordinator - PVS
Make a difference to a child's life...... Join Us
Cambian Purbeck View School cares for students aged 7-19 years old with mainly Autism Spectrum Disorder. Purbeck View is based in the attractive seaside town of Swanage in Dorset and the school plays an active role in the local community.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, adaptable person to join our existing team of highly motivated, proactive professionals as an Activities Coordinator.
You will responsible for developing our activities, after school and evening clubs to meet the Enjoy and Achieve and Health and Wellbeing Standard.
Duties will include:
- Risk assess new activities
- Engage young people in activities on and off site
- Stimulate new interests and skills, and meet their individual and house needs
- Assist in promoting social, intellectual and other recreational activities
- Activities can be anything from individual hobbies through to organized group events +
- Working in conjunction with the Therapy Team to create programs.
- Liaise with external members of the community to explore opportunities for young people
Activity workers need to be creative to develop diverse and engaging activities.
- Team work skills to organize a themed activities
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Good communication skills
- Good I T Skills
- Previous experience would be preferred, but training can be provided
Successful candidates will have to meet the person specification in order to be offered this post.
Cambian is committed to Safeguarding and protecting the young people and service users within our care. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and reference checks. Cambian is an equal opportunities employer.
Everyone has a personal best - Find yours with Cambian