IT Support / Office Manager - inspiring charity
Role: IT Support / Office Manager
Location: Central London (Waterloo)
Salary: £21,000 - £26,000
Do you want to make a difference in people's lives? ACTUALLY make a profound difference every day?
Drive Forward Foundation (www.driveforwardfoundation.com) is an award-winning London based charity whose mission is to ensure that every young care-leaver achieves their full potential. Last year we worked with 350 extraordinary young people, empowering them to ensure that their future is just as bright as those that don't come from disadvantaged backgrounds. Our vision is to unlock potential, broaden horizons, break down barriers and create new routes to employment for one of society's most let down and socially excluded groups.
We are partnered with 35 incredible corporates and run a constantly changing programme of events and opportunities for our young people, from film-making courses to a weekly lunch club.
The Office Manager is one of the most important roles in our small, friendly team. Not only will you have rewarding frontline experience interacting with Drive Forward clients, you will also work closely with every member of staff and will be the friendly face (and voice at the end of the phone!) of Drive Forward's central London home.
The dynamic environment of this charity calls for a flexible, sociable individual who can think on their feet and has exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail. As you will lead on such a wide variety of functions, strong administrative and established IT skills are essential. We welcome applications from empathetic individuals who share our passion for social mobility and have fresh ideas to bring to the table.
Variety is the spice of life! In any one day you could find yourself: orienting a new joiner, managing our database, helping a young person plan their journey home, updating policies, setting up a colleague with a laptop/phone, or taking part in a workshop on Childhood Trauma led by a psychologist.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
* Manage maintenance of business premises and other facilities to adhere to the organisation's Health and Safety requirements
* Petty Cash for young people and staff - ensuring the correct administration of process
* Organise staff meetings, producing agendas and minutes and responsibility for following up action points
* Implementing and maintaining IT/administrative and management information systems, managing our company asset register and policies and procedures
* Manage database maintenance and updates
* Assisting and upskilling members of staff on IT software and organisational skills
* Manage office supplies, prepare estimates of expenditure, maintain inventory controls and make recommendations to management
* Keep records of staff training and development, to source appropriate training as directed and to prepare future training forecasts
* Answering telephone calls and relaying messages
The ideal candidate:
* previous office management experience
* confident working with IT systems and databases (experience in Civi CRM would be a huge bonus)
* track record of working autonomously and proactively
* highly organized and flexible with a positive 'can-do' attiude
* passionate, engaging and empathetic
If the role gets you excited and you fit the above criteria, please apply today! We are looking for somebody to start asap.
Pod Talent are independent specialist recruiters in the Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Manufacturing and R&D space covering roles internationally from entry to board level. We recruit for roles including Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Inventory Management, Direct and Indirect Procurement, Category Management, Logistics, Distribution, Warehousing, Production, Packaging, NPD and Quality Assurance. Please visit our website for all of our vacancies.