Store Manager Food
Salary: Up to £38,000 per annum
Our client is looking to recruit a professional retailer with a food background that will be responsible for one of their major stores, motivating a team to deliver a service people talk about.
You will be professional and commercially astute, with experience in a fast paced retail environment.
With fantastic brand recognition, and an iconic stance in the great British High Street, this really is a dream role for any experienced Store Manager.
Our client is looking for a real full time foodie with the personality and drive to motivate their people and lead a team to success.
The successful applicant will be charismatic, dynamic and enthusiastic experience of managing volume and large teams; the drive to get their sleeves rolled up and has a hands on presence on the shop floor whilst maintaining a commercial and strategic focus. The successful candidate should have the following experience:
- Previous Senior Management experience within the food, fashion and homewares sector is Essential
- Must have managed over £5m as a Store Manager or £10m as a Deputy Manager
- Must have managed teams of 30
- Previous accountability for P&L management
- Commercial & Business awareness
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer focus
- Loyalty and commitment to excellence
- Operate efficiently with a subtle and persuasive manner
THE ROLE – KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- All Store Operating Targets
- Leading and developing a motivated, committed and high performing store management team
- Driving operational, visual and customer service standards in store
- Working with the visual team to manage standards and displays within the store
- All mandatory & specialised training to ensure customer proposition is met
- Brand Integrity and market awareness
- Effective communication to all store team members
- Store compliance and health and safety procedures
- Succession planning for junior management within the business
Our client is one of the UK’s leading retailers. They have a commitment to provide superior quality products at attractive prices, an ethos which has lead to an outstanding industry reputation and propelled them to being a true British institution. Our client recognises that success starts with people; and values individuals who are commercially aware, driven and passionate about delivering great products and service to all their customers in every channel of their operation.
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Peterborough, Stamford, Huntingdon, March, King’s Lynn, Corby, Kettering
KEY WORDS: Store Manager, Assistant Manager, General Manager, Deputy Manager, Commercial manager, Trade Manager
This role is being handled by McCarthy Recruitment, award winning specialist retail & HR recruitment consultancy covering the whole of the UK. McCarthy is like no other recruitment agency you will have worked with; our difference is our commitment to providing a professional and personalised recruitment service of the highest quality.
We provide our candidates with a consultative, honest, high quality and efficient service which develops long term relationships ensuring we become the preferred consultancy for all our clients and candidates. We pride ourselves on understanding people – we are real, we get to the real you and we will get you real results. But then, put simply - It’s the way we work.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
McCarthy Recruitment is retained and exclusive on this assignment
Apply for this role now or find us online at: