Junior Project Manager
Junior Project Manager
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Junior Project Manager to work for a world leading supplier in the ground to air communication field.
You will be expected to provide project support to Programme Managers and be responsible for the overall performance of allocated projects with respect to schedule, cost, performance and customer satisfaction.
This position gives great opportunity for development, as our client would like to offer career growth and training leading to a fully qualified Project Manager and further into Programme Manager positions.
- Provide support to the Programme Managers as directed, including
- Managing sub tasks within an overall programme
- Liaising and working with and across the various functions
- Progressing and chasing items
- Collating data and information for management reviews
- When assigned as Project Manager for a particular contract:
- Provide a single point of contact for all communications with the customer
- Review contract documentation and resolve any issues and/or ambiguities
- Assemble the project team with resources provided by Line Managers
- Raise resource conflicts which cannot be resolved at Line Manager level with Senior Managers
- Produce programme schedule in conjunction with project team and gain buy-in by the team to that plan
- Maintain cost control to ensure the baseline contribution is achieve at programme completion
- Produce Programme Management Plan
- Monitor progress against the schedule with project team and initiate corrective action and plan amendments
- Produce a written monthly report and present to senior management
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Experience of engineering, either software, hardware or systems development is highly desirable
- Previous, demonstrable project management and project delivery experience desirable
- Educated to Degree level desirable
- Recognised Project Management Qualification, ie APMP or PRINCE 2 desirable
- Applicants must be able to hold and maintain UK Government clearances.
Based in the lovely town of Market Deeping, 9 miles north of Peterborough, with an easy commute from Spalding, Stamford and Bourne.
Part of a worldwide group, this company offers excellent facilities, support and training. They are the world leader in the product that they manufacture. They are a highly professional organisation, who are incredibly proud of their traditions and cultures. Being one of the first companies in the UK to hold the Investors in People Gold Award, they truly are an excellent employer of choice.