Environmental Protection Officer
Corby is a small place with big ambitions. In aiming to double the population by 2030, we are determined to revitalise the Borough and improve health and the quality of life for everyone.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Council's Environmental Protection and Private Sector Housing Team as an Environmental Protection Officer.
As the Environmental Protection Officer your duties will be to:
- Lead on the regulation of contaminated land sites, air pollution, air quality, processes under the Environmental Permitting Regulations 2010.
- Undertake environmental land searches.
- Investigate statutory nuisances and to comment on planning applications with respect to contaminated land, noise and air.
- Produce and update permits of processes under Part 1 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990, undertaking all duties associated with such and in the inspection and enforcement of those processes.
- Investigate contaminated land, utilising enforcement powers for remediation as
- Report on planning applications, with particular reference to issues of
- contaminated land, noise and air quality.
To be a successful Environmental Protection Officer you will have the following skills and experience:
- An environmental science or related degree is essential for this role.
- Industry or public sector experience in a similar role.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A current full driving licence and your own transport. A casual user car allowance applies.
- Flexibility as occasional duties may be needed to be carried out outside normal office hours.
In return the Environmental Protection Officer will receive a salary of £17,714 - £29,558 per annum.