Experienced Paraplanner - Croydon Area - Leading Wealth Management Organisation
Our client is a leading wealth management and financial planning Organisation, offering bespoke financial advice to all clients.
A Paraplanner is required to compliment the team in Croydon and assist multiple advisers working within the office.
The successful candidate will have some Paraplanning experience and have, or be working towards Diploma level.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Preparing and maintaining the client file
- Identify and collect any outstanding relevant quantitative information required to compile a financial plan.
- Check all relevant compliance paperwork is present.
- Confirm client’s risk profile.
- Discuss and establish client objectives with the Planner.
- Identify and obtain the information necessary to compile a financial cash flow forecast.
- Draft net worth statements, income and expenditure statements and discuss with the Financial Planner.
- Preparing recommendations
- Identify areas for planning.
- Undertake research both independently and with the Financial Planner to identify suitable solutions to meet the client’s needs.
- Prepare information and comparisons for analysis and further discussion with the Planner.
- Liaise with the client’s legal and tax advisers if necessary.
- Consider current and future allocation of assets for investment strategy with regard to client’s risk profile and their objectives.
- Prepare draft recommendation reports and initial strategy documents to be discussed/signed off by the Financial Planner.
- Implementing recommendations
- Check suitability reports prepared by the Report Writing team to ensure advice is communicated in accordance with the agreed recommendations and the details are technically correct. Assist the Report Writers with any queries.
- Liaise with the Client Support team to ensure any recommendations are correctly implemented.
- Act as the main point of contact and deal effectively with queries from clients and other parties through effective communication.
- Establish and build strong relationships with clients and attend client meetings with the Financial Planner if required.
- Organise and help the Planner prepare for future meetings with the client.
- Review client’s investments, asset allocation, risk profile etc. on an ongoing basis alongside the Financial Planner and in line with client’s objectives and make necessary recommendations.
- General paraplanning duties
- Provide technical support and qualified knowledge to Financial Planners, Client Support team, Report Writers and other members of staff where required.
- Maintain an effective ongoing relationship with Professional Introducers where applicable.
- TCF - Treating Customers Fairly - pay due regard to the interests of our clients and treat them fairly in line with our TCF Mission Statement.
- FCA Obligations -operate within our designated compliance procedures and the relevant FCA rules.
- Maintain up to date industry knowledge and awareness by attending company-wide training days and local T&C meetings and training sessions and by carrying out own study when needed.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with Financial Planners, colleagues and management in order to provide an efficient and effective service to the Financial Planner and the client.
- General office duties
- Answer the telephone in a timely manner and deal with incoming enquiries by taking the appropriate action.
- If relevant, meet and greet clients - arrange refreshments and catering when applicable.
- If relevant, book meeting rooms ensuring the diary is kept up to date and visitor parking allocated.
- Contribute to maintaining a smart and tidy office.
- Any other duties as and when required.
Skills & Qualifications:
- At least five years’ experience within a financial services role. Broad and current knowledge of financial services and financial planning.
- 5 GSCE’s or equivalent.
- Minimum QCF Level 4 Qualified (i.e. CII Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning or ifs Diploma for Financial Advisers or equivalent) and working towards or willing to undertake study towards QCF Level 6. CII Certificate in Paraplanning or IFP Accredited Paraplanner designation will be an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written.
- Confident and self-assured with a positive approach to change, ability to remain calm and work well under pressure.
- Detailed and accurate in every aspect of the role.
- Excellent report writing, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office/IT skills.
- Working knowledge of Iress, Financial Express Analytics and Voyant/Moneyscope cash flow systems would be an advantage but full training will be provided.
- Good planning and organisational skills, with the ability to organise and prioritise workloads.
- Proactive and flexible in their approach to work and willing to go the extra mile.
Due to the high number of applications received, unfortunately we will only be able to respond to successful applicants.