Our Richmond based global client is currently looking for a In-House Counsel to join their Legal team. You would provide support on all day-to-day aspects of the company’s legal affairs.
The role involves working on a variety of legal advice and documentation, liaising with internal stakeholders and external advisers as appropriate to ensure that commercial contracts, contentious matters and intellectual property are all dealt with quickly and effectively.
- Drafting, negotiating and processing B2B contracts with customers, suppliers and other business partners.
- Advising on the structure and meaning of commercial contracts and their practical implications.
- Helping to handle commercial disputes, litigation, and enforcement action, in conjunction with external advisors', whilst ensuring that external costs are kept within reasonable limits.
- Helping to manage and protect intellectual property rights, in conjunction with internal stakeholders and external advisors'.
- Collecting, reviewing and analysing documentation and information required in relation to contentious commercial matters and/or IPRs before passing to external advisers.
- Carrying out adhoc legal research and administrative tasks, as normal for a small legal team
- Maintaining appropriate files and records.
Ancillary duties potentially include:
- Supporting the business generally on governance or company secretarial matters
- Supporting the HR function on an adhoc basis in relation to employment matters
- Advising on consumer issues such as warranties
- Real estate documentation
- Developing legal templates
It is anticipated that this role will suit a legal practitioner admitted in England & Wales or another common law jurisdiction, with up to three year's post-qualification experience.
In return the client is offering a very competitive salary, large benefits package and the opportunity to join a fast paced, growing successful organisation.
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications we cannot respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from the Job Box Recruitment team within 14 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.