Hospitality Operations Manager Belfast (Temp)
Well known Hospitality Venue in Belfast is seeking to appoint an Operations Manager on an initial 6 month temporary contract.
Main purpose of job:
You are responsible for ensuring that all events are delivered as planned and that the customers’ expectation of an event experience is exceeded. You will work to agreed budgets and utilise resources in the most efficient manner to deliver agreed objectives.
You will demonstrate a forward thinking approach to problem solving. You are also responsible for leading and managing a team of people and ensuring the goals and values are clearly communicated to your team. You must promote a professional image of to our team, clients and stakeholders and conduct yourself professionally and with integrity at all times.
To be accountable to the Operations Director for the following;
1. Creating and developing a culture within the team that is innovative, customer focused, driven by best in class standards and at all times upholds the brand values of
2. Effectively leading a team of people. Communicating clearly and delegating responsibility/ accountability to direct reports in accordance with the Principals of Excellence so as to ensure that the required standards of service quality are maintained.
3. Ensure an adequate and timely communication and feedback structure between FOH/Events with culinary, planning and BOH teams to delivery, review and improve on service levels.
4. Hold regular weekly and monthly management meetings and reviews with your team as appropriate to ensure a culture of accountability and clear communication within
5. To be responsible for the ongoing development and review of event delivery procedures and policies including the operation of all Front and Back of House event services.
6. Managing within budget all aspects of the day to day event delivery, including, security, catering, portering, cleaning, stewarding, duty management and client support services.
7. Achieving financial targets in secondary sales where applicable.
8. The ongoing development and review of event delivery procedures and policies including the operation of all Front and Back of House event services.
Health and Safety
9. Supporting the Senior Management Team in quality and safety compliance in line with Legislation
Summary of responsibilities and personal duties:
1. To implement an ongoing Customer Service Strategy and Policy and to manage the response to Customer Complaints ensuring that the business learns from the issues raised and prevents the complaints recurring.
2. Arranging regular weekly and monthly meetings across departments and with partners to ensure appropriate and timely planning of events and the regular review of service levels.
3. Holding regular management meetings and reviews with your team to ensure a culture of accountability and clear communication
4. Taking full ownership of the designated Operations management assignments including rota management, staff and resource allocation.
Qualifications and experience
Have a third level qualification in a relevant subject, such as Event Management, Facilities Management, Hospitality Management or Business Management, or equivalent qualification;
Have three years’ relevant experience in each of the following:
1. In-depth knowledge of the conference, corporate, entertainment and events markets, both nationally and internationally to ensure it retains its position as one of Northern Ireland’s leading conference and events venues.
2. Experience of multi-site or large site management within the event/managed services industry.
3. Ability to lead, motivate and develop a large multidisciplinary team of 50 or more in accordance with the principles of performance management and personal development.
4. Strong understanding and awareness of appropriate Health and Safety Legislation.
5. Strong organisational and time management skills.
6. Flexibility and ability to work on own initiative.
7. A passion for events and service and a hunger to deliver cutting edge and innovative solutions.
8. Experience of multi-site P&L management and accountability with excellent financial and commercial acumen.
9. Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills.
Hours of work based on 39 hrs per week.
Interested candidates who meet all of the above essential criteria should forward CV in strictest confidence via link below