Cancer Care Case Manager
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Cancer Care Case Manager for AXA PPP in our Glasgow office (Argyle Street).
AXA PPP Cancer Care Team provides healthcare cover and support for individuals, their families and their employers - supporting and guiding them through a difficult time whether they opt for private or NHS care.
We liaise with their care providers ensuring thorough management of their case, providing flexible choice for the patient utilising all healthcare resources available tailoring support for our patients considering their personal needs.
We provide nurses and case managers as their point of contact to ensure ownership and continuity with their case, supporting pre-authorisation and on-going management of cases to ensure cost of treatment is commensurate with the clinical need and the patient/customer is to be supported throughout their treatment.
You will be able to:
Claims cost management -
- Support the management of high cost, complex cases, working with the patient and their clinicians to provide the best package of care available.
- Investigate possible utilisation of the NHS and private sector discussing personalised services options available with the patient.
- Manage cases in line with their policy's terms and conditions, managing the patient';s expectations at all times.
- Question and challenge clinicians as appropriate where the treatment proposed is not supported by the policy term and conditions.
Customer satisfaction and added value services -
- Provide ongoing support to the patient and their families - being pragmatic, sensitive and offering empathy - using your excellent communication and telephony skills.
- Ensure information and advice given is accurate, ascertaining what services and assistance will be beneficial and valuable to them.
- Provide accurate records of all key information related to the management of a case - including narratives that will be made available for corporate client reports.
- Log details of your contribution to the team target for cost savings to ensure effective and exact reporting of results for savings against targets.
- Understand DPA / FCA legal authority, what these bodies are in relation to AXA PPP healthcare.
Skills, knowledge and behaviour
- Medical /insurance experience preferable
- Effective communication skills
- Managing relationships
- Customer focus
- Product and rules knowledge
- Computer skills
- Team worker
- Effective in managing a high volume of cases / workload
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work in an emotive environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to positively manage change
What will you get from this role?
The opportunity to work within a team of Cancer experts and policy experts to enhance your knowledge of Cancer care and your ability to manage Cancer claims fully throughout the member journey.
You will improve your empathy and communication skills while helping to manage our members expectations to provide a seam free pathway through the Private sector or the NHS.
Additional job board published information