KCR Solutions are currently recruiting for a Procurement Assistant for a client based in Gateshead on a full time permanent basis. Salary will be in the region of £18,000 - £20,000 per annum.
Your job will be to oversee all day to day procurement activity and provide the necessary framework to ensure a professional procurement service is delivered. There will be opportunities for growth and development within the department.
- Assist in the maintenance and development of an effective and efficient procurement department in order to meet all administrative and operational needs.
- To perform all procurement activities in accordance with departmental and company procedures.
- To raise purchase orders in line with procedure. In addition, manage purchase orders on the system, such as expired lines and orders.
- Control the set-up of new suppliers.
- Assisting in the development of a stock system and onwards stock management.
- Assisting Accounts Payable with invoice queries, by liaising with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Assist in devising, implementing and monitoring, departmental policies, processes and procedures, including Preferred Supplier Lists and supply agreements.
- Providing administrative support to the Procurement Manager
- Must demonstrate current experience of working in a procurement environment.
- Have experience of using computer systems, purchase order systems, including the operation of databases and spreadsheets, preferably Windows, Outlook, Word and Excel.
- A keen negotiator, the ability to challenge both supplier quotations and current operating practices.
- Ability to work with the minimum of supervision and perform all duties calmly and accurately under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Is numerate, has the ability to produce clear, concise and accurate written records, letters and reports, with strong attention to detail, within agreed deadlines.
- Possess good customer care and interpersonal skills with the ability to demonstrate these in a professional and courteous manner.
- Experience in an engineering, maintenance or parts-based, busy service industry.
- Experience of working with Sage accounting system.
Please note if you have not heard back from us within 5 days of forwarding your CV then unfortunately on this occasion your application will have been unsuccessful.