VP of Business Development
Our client have an exciting opportunity for a VP of Business Development to join their team.
Job Title: VP of Business Development
Salary: £80-100k basic dependent on experience + benefits
Do you have strong technical background in the satellite communications industry looking to work for a company with an international client base, strong reputation and year on year significant growth? Are you looking to be part of the senior management team in an entrepreneurial business that encourages lateral thinking and autonomy?
Our client has a long standing history offering satellite ground system components for a worldwide customer base. This global provider of turnkey solutions encompasses satellite C2, RF/IF equipment, network & payload management, satellite and terrestrial communications signal monitoring systems. They are able to add value to their customers my managing as much or as little of the project scope as necessary which means to date they have been used by 80% of the top satellite operators and involved in over 85% of US space missions.
As a result of the growth (which resulted in a record profits for the UK business last year) the company are now looking to add to their team with a VP of Business Development who possess a strong relevant technical background.
VP of Business Development–The Role:
This person will have a strong technical background in a relevant sector as you will lead on requirements gathering with new and repeat customers and feed this back into the VP of Engineering.
You will work closely with the Managing Director to provide the lead for marketing, product planning, business acquisition and identification of possible opportunities, and managing existing customers across the globe.
VP of Business Development–Key Responsibilities:
- Maintain regular contact with a worldwide customer base either directly or through wider company representatives.
- Provide inputs to the VP Engineering e.g. market size, product specifications, data relevant to the preparation of a business case for Research & Development
- Take responsibility for the end to end business development process including tender clarification technical knowledge and supporting the contract negotiations
- Travel internationally to meet with customers
VP of Business Development–Experience Required:
- A formal degree qualification in an Engineering or Physics discipline, ideally with a Postgraduate qualification in a relevant sector specialism
- Strong technical background with the ability to hold technical conversations in order to capture the customer requirements
- Good communication skills including proposal/report writing ability
- High level of attention to detail
- Willingness and energy to travel internationally as required by the role
You will need to be willing to relocate to the North of England/live away Monday to Friday in order to be in the offices and work closely with the rest of the senior management team. The company will support with relocation.
To submit your CV for this exciting VP of Business Development opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now.
NB: Due to high levels of interest, we are unable to respond to every individual applicant.
Candidates with relevant experience of being a Sales Director, Head of Business Development, Business Development Director, Engineering Manager, Technical Director, Commercial Director in the satellite/communications industry are encouraged to apply, including those currently based in mainland Europe.