Paraplanner/Trainee Independent Financial Adviser
Our client is seeking to recruit an experienced Assistant Consultant. The successful candidate will work for a partner of the firm and potentially other consultants in the future. This is a challenging role where the company will provide the successful candidate with the required training to further their career from Paraplanning into advising. They seek a long-term commitment from an individual who will hopefully grow and develop in the role.
- Solid generalist experience within the Professional or Financial Services sector
- A good working knowledge of appropriate systems e.g. First (database), Excel, etc.
- Numerate and familiar with operating and creating spreadsheets
- Comfortable preparing detailed letters and comprehensive reports
- Strong organisational skills required
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of reports to clients on financial planning matters
- Obtaining relevant literature to accompany client reports
- Preparation of packs for meetings with clients including investment valuations
- Liaising directly with clients as the "assistant consultant". This will include a variety of queries in connection with the client’s financial affairs. It will be important that the candidate obtains detailed knowledge on all clients for whom he/she is working to carry out these tasks.
- Arranging investment purchases and sales under the Discretionary and Advisory Management Services.
Learning and using all applications required for the job including:
- Financial Express Analytics
- Iress/Intelliflo client management system
- Cofunds and Standard Life Wrap - investment deals & client processing
- Attend client meetings with and contribute to such meetings
- Undertake research as required on specific projects
Technical Knowledge and Qualifications:
The successful candidate should be comfortable and understand the structure of pension, investments and life products and be willing to learn and understand more complex financial products.
Technical knowledge is a pre-requisite. The candidate should have attained the Diploma, or Regulated Diploma in Financial Planning.
Other qualifications in this area will be an advantage but training and development are provided and encouraged. A good academic track record is also a distinct advantage.
Main Core Skills Used in doing the role:
- Hardworking and prepared to go "the extra mile" to ensure work is done on time and to a the highest of standards
- Capable of working independently and ability to manage own workload
- Strong attention to details
- Able to work under pressure to meet specific time deadlines
- Enjoys working within a young and dynamic team
- Possesses a team ethic and prepared to assist others
- Well spoken and comfortable dealing with a wide range of individuals including clients and other professionals, maintaining at all times the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Prepared to learn and to invest time to maximise their potential
- Good team player with a positive "can do" attitude.
- Confident and able to liaise with clients and staff both on the telephone and 'face to face’ at all levels in a professional manner.