Ambridge Harris are recruiting for a business in Bristol who are looking to recruit a Payroll Administrator. Purpose of this role will be to ensure that all payrolls allocated to them are processed accurately and on time, all queries are dealt with sensitively, compassionately and swiftly to ensure our customers feel valued and respected.
You will be responsible for ensuring all allocated payrolls are completed accurately and on time, all required outputs are produced and delivered to onward users accurately and on time (e.g. Sites, Finance, HMRC etc.) and excellent customer service is delivered to all customers coming into contact with the Department at all times. Accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
* Processing all incoming payroll impacting information and transactions e.g. new starters, leavers,
* absence, statutory leave and pay, tax codes & NI category changes,
* Processing and reconciling all fixed pay instructions e.g. basic salary changes, pay uplifts etc
* Processing all weekly and / or monthly variable pay instructions from sites e.g. bonuses, shift allowances, overtime etc.
* Loading of interface files from SAP HR, investigating, resolving and logging all issues and rejections to prevent reoccurrence and improve the process.
* Producing and submitting all BACS any other external or 3rd party payment files.
* Producing and submitting all HMRC RTI and auto enrolment pension files.
* Producing and delivering high quality payroll output files to customers that comprise payslips, reports KPI's etc. relating to their respective payrolls.
* Preparing journals for submission to finance along with any other information required to ensure accurate financial statements.
* Dealing with correspondence to employees, sites and external parties e.g. overpayment recovery letters, Benefits Agency / Child support requests for information, financial references etc.
* Ensuring all required controls are correctly operated and all required evidence is produced and retained, resulting in a robust and secure payroll process.
* Proactively recommending improvements to existing processes based on the identification of recurring issues or possible future risks.
Qualifications & Requirements
* GCSE Maths and English essential.
* Payroll qualification an advantage - or willingness to study
* Previous use of NGA Resourcelink would be an advantage.
* Up to date knowledge of relevant current UK Payroll legislation is essential as is a desire and commitment to stay informed and up to date with future changes coming down the line.
Experience and aptitude
* Previous payroll experience.
* Experience of balancing the needs and priorities of both weekly and monthly payrolls.
* Experience of running payrolls for multiple sites across multiple geographical locations (within the UK at least).
* A strong understanding of, and passion for, delivering excellent customer service.
* Excellent attention to detail is essential, but must be accompanied by an appreciation of the big picture.
* Experience of Microsoft office (Outlook, Excel, word etc).
* Analytical thinking and problem solving skills will be required.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful
Ambridge Harris is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Ambridge Harris will not discriminate on unlawful grounds.