Buyer's Assistant - News & Magazines
Buyers Assistant - News & Magazines
WHSmith is one of the UK's most successful and established retailers. Celebrating our 225th anniversary this year, we're still breaking stereotypes and progressing year on year. We now have a fantastic opportunity for a Buying Assistant to join our News and Magazines team!
Reporting to the Magazine Buyer, based at our Travel Head Office in London, the main purpose of the role is to support the commercial trading teams to manage supplier invoicing, the booking and communication of instore promotions, liaising with external marketing agencies on the creation of Point of Sale, and the management of retail price changes.
Accountabilities of the Role:
* Manage and maintain all retail promotion bookings across selected trading areas, ensuring data integrity of all invoices
* Weekly communication of promotional plans to stores
* Weekly availability updates for the promotional space to all external stakeholders
* Manage relationship with instore merchandisers
* Briefing of all Point Of Sale (POS) to suppliers and printers, and ensure all POS is delivered to stores on time
* Provide administrative support for the News and Magazines team
* Implement all price changes and the setup of all new products
* Managing internal and external communications regarding promotions Run sales and adhoc reports on internal systems to support the commercial teams
Requirements for the Role:
* Demonstrates confidence interpreting and analysing data
* Good Excel and general PC skills
* Excellent time management, planning and organisational skills
* Demonstratable experience of building relationships both internally and externally.
* The ability to work within a fast paced, and demanding environment
What's in it for you?
We're a company that values our people; from day one you will receive ongoing support and have access to our various training and development programmes as well as exciting career development opportunities for your future. We offer a wide range of benefits to say thank you for all your hard work including; a competitive salary, a profit related bonus, 24 days holiday (pro rata) plus your birthday off, pension, as well as other perks such as our popular holiday trading scheme.
If successful, candidates will be required to provide a valid passport and provide 3 years of continuous educational, professional or employment references. Due to the high number of applications we receive, it is with regret that we are unable to respond to all applications and therefore will only contact short listed candidates.