MMP Consultancy are currently seeking a qualified, experienced Quantity Surveyor, adept at consulting on cost exercises surrounding Asset Management and Repairs contracts within Housing.
This is a permanent position, offering stability and consistency within the Asset Management / Repairs in terms of Quantity Surveying by utilising technical building surveying experience.
• Undertake cost reconciliation on all service delivery agreements through the organisation Repairs and Maintenance contracts.
• Ensure value for money and improved service by liaising and collaborating with contractor partners and internal investment team.
• Review and regulate cost and quality audits for all work programmes to sustain value and service levels.
• Perform audits for specific areas of the business working with both internal and external consultants to achieve best efficiency.
• Create reports to track 'basket rates' and schedule of rates continuity and comparative to current contracts.
• Undertake complex inspections and site visits of works and document valuations to support cost and value validation (and challenge).
• Come from a Quantity Surveyor or Building Surveyor background within Housing.
• Have a Quantity Surveyor / Building Surveyor qualification
• Have a strong personality when negotiating contracts and evaluating / reviewing contracts. Identifying issues and raising them with senior members of staff
• Challenge internal spending and make positive and efficient changes where necessary.
This is an opportunity for a professional who is looking to develop in the Public Sector, Housing / Asset Investment departments. The option of working with a major Housing Association and continuing a technical and commercial position.