Travelodge has an exciting opportunity for a District Manager to join their team. You will be on a full time permanent basis, with a highly competitive salary of £42,000 to £50,000 per annum.
The job in a nutshell
You will lead a team to drive exceptional customer experience and business results. You will support and motivate your hotel managers to deliver brand standards to support our vision to become the favourite hotel for value. You will drive a best in class mentality, keeping customer and people at the centre of all business decisions.
What you will be doing as our District Manager
- Drive “Would You Recommend” (our customer satisfaction scores) by ensuring consistent high quality service delivery across the district
- Champion / role model customer service and the Travelodge customer journey, ensuring it is embedded across the District
- Monitor and analyse customer service standards across the District taking proactive actions where required
- Proactively review customer insight to draw conclusions and support appropriate actions
- Improve the quality and service perception of food and beverages throughout your hotels
- Manage any high risk customer feedback mitigating any risk to customer or brand perceptions
- Recruit and develop and strong team of Hotel Managers to deliver outstanding business results
- Recruit and on-board team members, giving candidates and new joiners a great experience and setting them up for success
- Drive a reduction in key hire vacancies making best use of HR support
- Coach and mentor your team, optimising performance and helping them to grow and develop to their full potential
- Drive people engagement and enablement throughout your District to maximise loyalty and performance contribution, with a focus on reducing labour turnover
What we’ll expect from our District Manager
To succeed in this role, you will be a strong team motivator and leader and be passionate about customer experience. You are likely to have managed teams across a multi-site environment in Retail, Hospitality or other Leisure industries. We are looking for someone with real passion and energy for delivering high standards to meet our brand aspirations. In addition, you will need to demonstrate:
- A genuine passion and enthusiasm for customer service with the ability to role model in this respect
- Have Strong leadership qualities and be able to inspire and motivate. Must balance driving for results with the ability to coach and mentor your Hotel Managers
- Must demonstrate high levels of energy, drive and resilience, with the ability to thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- A highly effective communicator with the ability to engage with people at all levels
- Understand others and motivate different people
- Be able to recognize under performance and respond accordingly
- Have the ability to drive a best in class ethos whilst at the same time identify best practice and sharing accordingly
- Possess an uncompromising drive for standards and service whilst always exceeding customer expectations
What you can expect from us
At Travelodge, we are warm, straightforward and optimistic. We have a big footprint in the UK, but still a small company feel and you can expect quality and value to be built in to everything we do. Every day is different here and you definitely see life! We want you to bring your personality to work and we love our diversity
Reward and recognition
You will earn a competitive salary and be entered in the hotel bonus scheme. You can also expect to enjoy generous room and food discounts as well as friends and family rates. We are committed to recognising a job well done and commitment to quality is rewarded.
Career and development
We have transparent career paths at Travelodge and you get to choose how far and how fast you want to go. You can expect a full induction and further training relevant to your role and skill requirement. We advertise all our vacancies internally and so you will have the opportunity to apply for a multitude of roles during your career at Travelodge.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our District Manager then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!