Lead Data Scientist
Job Title: Lead Data Scientist
Salary: to £80,000 + bonus, equity & benefits
Expanding financial services provider requires a Data Science Lead to join a growing team.
Key responsibilities include;
- Lead the team in turning raw material of data into useful algorithms and advanced insights
- Engage in big data analysis and social media application for risk/business, especially in customer acquisition and customer services
- Deploy machine learning and algorithms to enhance customer analytic/modelling methodology
- Engage in developing database, warehouse/data mart to meet business requirement
- Lead, develop and motivate the team to attract, retain and develop suitable capability; building a team of world class data scientists.
- Implement processes, infrastructure and resources needed to deliver agreed team plans and targets
- Automate and streamline the processes to maximise integration, effectiveness and efficiency
- Experience of data mining/modelling experience in Financial services, or other data-driven organisations
- Hands-on experience of using relevant software packages, i.e. SAS, SQL, NoSQL, Python, HADOOP, Spark, Java, Hive
- Experienced in deep learning technologies
- Proven oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate analysis and recommendations to colleagues and business stakeholders