Field Sales Executive (Medical)
This is a key role, actively promoting and selling services to local companies, GP practices and other key healthcare organisations and professionals. This is largely a field sales role, covering a wide local area.
The successful candidate will work closely with the operations team and the Business Development Manager to implement and achieve the annual sales plan. The post holder will have a good grounding in sales, demonstrate a hands-on approach and be able to develop productive and sustainable relationships with the local healthcare community, corporate and individual accounts.
Compliance with OSD governance and ethos is an essential requirement to ensure ethical practice.
- Actively source local customers presenting the clinic and its services for new business to achieve budgeted sales and targets, including GP practices, local companies and other healthcare organisations and professionals.
- Support the negotiation of terms and pricing to make sure account needs are met and sales achieved.
- Attend events and presentations within the clinic and the local area to represent and promote the business
- Undertake administrative tasks to support the business development function and ensure all enquiries, leads and prospects are recorded and followed up appropriately.
- Generating revenue to meet budget requirements and other KPIs in line with the business needs.
- Assist with the gathering of market and customer information to feed into decisions on product offering and packages
- Participate in marketing activities to promote brand and clinic awareness
- Assist with the implementation of an annual plan of promotions and campaigns to capitalize on seasonal health issues and other opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams to develop service and product ideas
- Assist with compiling and analysing sales figures and production of sales reports for business review
- To work flexibly as part of the team and to undertake any other relevant duties as required in the post.
- Work within all the organisation’s policies and procedures including those relating to information governance, clinical governance, health and safety, safeguarding, and equality and diversity.
- All employees have a responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults. Further guidance can be sought from local policies and procedure and your designed organizational lead.
- Demonstrate a positive commitment to our values and a genuine focus on delivery high quality care and service to patients.