Chief Marketing Officer
The Chief Marketing Officer's role will be to take charge of Sales and Marketing Strategy in an organisation undergoing rapid growth. With a current Marketing team of 3 and a Sales team of 8, headcount is set to triple in the next two years. Your role will be to steer the Sales and Marketing teams in the right direction, ensuring that the strategy evolves and that the company gains and maintains competitive advantage.
An outstanding opportunity to work for one of the UK’s largest Peer to Peer business lenders, introducing businesses looking for interest only finance, with property to secure against it, to investors looking for a good return.
We are innovative, fast growing with aspirations to be in every local community across the UK. Founded in February 2013 we have seen phenomenal success since then and have exciting growth plans.
We currently have 7 offices in the UK. The introduction from these offices and introductions from the legal, accountancy and other professionals has contributed to the success of the Company’s zero default business.
Responsible for shaping and facilitating the growth, sales and marketing strategy of the company and ensuring that the sales and brand strategies are at the heart of the business.
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Responsible For: Head of Brand and Communications, Head of Business Development, P.R. Manager
Location: Open to different solutions: London, Cornwall, Gloucester or Bristol most likely
Business Growth and Strategy:
- Spot opportunities in the market and drive the growth of the business.
- Deliver a clear sales culture throughout the business.
- Shape the company's understanding of a particular product, sales strategy, or marketing idea
- Responsible for achieving the business’s sales targets.
- Research the experience of the customer in interacting with the business and drive improvements.
- Assist the business to develop innovative new products. Use of analytics to drive product development.
- Respond to significant changes in the marketplace.
- Acquire and analyse reliable and comprehensive data on sales to drive improvements.
- Set KPIs for sales, marketing and P.R. and report back to the board on progress.
- Attend Board meetings as a member of the Board and be instrumental in influencing the strategy of the business.
Marketing and P.R.
- Build new capabilities within the marketing team
- Build brand awareness and ensure all communication aligns with the brand.
- Ensure that the website and social media outlets maximises visitor to client conversion.
- Commission market research and understand how markets are changing.
- Manage the marketing budget tracking return on investment
- Drive change across the organisation through social media and digitilisation.
Key Skills and Experience:
- The ability to inspire, motivate and influence both internally and externally.
- Strong research and benchmarking skills including the ability to use big data and analytics to optimise marketing strategy.
- A minimum of 3 years in a senior Sales and Marketing role with experience of developing and delivering a strong sales strategy together with a proven marketing track record in an innovative market place.