To support and carry out the day to day operations in the Finance & Accounts Department as an operational level functionary in the Accounts section assisting the Accounts Supervisor and the Assistant Manager Accounts & Finance. To support the Financial Controller in the day-to-day operations in the Finance Department and any other support required;
- Process all expenditure items/and post transactions in the Core Banking System Misys or any other system the Bank may adopt
- Maintain General Ledger Accounts
- Maintain moveable and immoveable ledger accounts in the system;
- Posting of all relevant transactions emanating from the Finance Department in the Core
- Banking system.
- Monitoring and maintaining VAT expenses.
- Preparation and submission of VAT statements for submission to HMRC claiming or making net payments to HMRC.
- Assist in the preparation of budget.
- Assist in the preparation of Management Accounts.
- Assist in the preparation of Annual Financial Accounts and Annual Financial Report.
- Assist in preparation and submission of COREP/FSA/OSCA returns.
- Daily reconciliation of Nostro Accounts.
- Daily monitoring of suspense accounts.
- Daily monitoring of Sundry Creditors and Sundry Debtors Accounts and preparation of monthly statements.
- Prepare monthly suspense statement.
- Accounts experience
- Understanding of VAT and HMRC
- Knowledge of banking systems