Our client is a large non-governmental organisation looking for a Finance Analyst. This is a junior role and will provide the successful candidate excellent opportunities for career progression as well as exposure to other areas of the organisation. The company is growing fast and you will play a key role in this acceleration.
The Commercial and Delivery directorate sits within the Corporation and is responsible for developing and implementing our long term sourcing (LTS) strategy, as well as delivering change and new projects on time and to high quality.
Our client is looking to appoint a finance analyst dedicated to the programme who will be responsible for providing financial and detailed modelling support, budgetary control and financial analysis.
The role reports into the Finance Business Partner - Commercial Accountant who reports to the Head of Commercial.
- The finance analyst is responsible for a wide range of tasks and processes (see deliverables) that are essential to support the LTS programme.
- In addition, this role will help provide ongoing continuity to the financial analysis in the LTS programme
- This role will report into The LTS Finance Business Partner
- Deliver timely and accurate month-end reporting for the programme. This includes preparing and posting accruals for programme costs
- Deliver a high quality finance business support to the areas of the programme allocated to you ensuring that the programme team has access to the information they need, have implemented adequate budgetary controls and given due consideration to affordability and value for money. This includes:
-Regular contact with budget holders ensuring that they understand their financial results and forecasts.
-Provision and continuous improvement of the finance dashboards to drive improved awareness of financial results and spend decisions.
-Monitoring and reporting on compliance with purchasing processes / controls.
-Taking action to ensure non-compliance is reduced where appropriate.
- Maintain interim and conslutancy tracking spreadsheets to enable:
-Expenditure on interims and consultants to be tracked against amounts approved in purchase orders.
-Accruals to be accurately calculated.
-A smooth transition as we move to system based purchase to pay procedures.
- The role will be expected to contribute to other ad hoc tasks/projects such as aiding the transition of reporting arrangements to system based reporting.
Experience and technical skills
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following experience and technical skills:
Some experience of working in a finance environment, and an understanding of the role of finance in supporting business objectives
- A demonstrable interest in a career within finance
- Very strong numerical skills
- Very strong MS Excel skills
- Experience of working with a finance system such as SAGE 200
- An ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders in a clear manner which aids decision making
- A proactive individual who is able to work on own initiative and who relishes new challenges
- An ability to work in a start-up or rapidly changing environment
- A positive attitude to difficult problems and a drive secure a successful outcome to them
Education, qualification and professional membership requirements
- A good degree (at least a 2:1) in a numerical subject