Hospitality / General Manager
Chichester Cathedral Enterprises Limited (CCEL) is the trading arm of Chichester Cathedral, all profits going to the Cathedral to support its mission. Situated in the centre of Chichester, the beautiful and historic facilities include a restaurant, gift shop, boutique B&B and small conference venue and separate medieval hall / function room.
With a large footfall of visitors and regular customers, there are many opportunities for the hospitality and retail operations with special events, concerts and fund-raising activities. The General Manager will also play a full part in identifying and planning potential activities.
CCEL is looking for a strong commercial manager to run the business, with a turnover of over £1.2 million, seven direct and over 40 indirect reports.
Key tasks include;
• Running the business, setting sales targets and ensuring maximum profitability is achieved whilst maintaining a balance with the Cathedral’s overall strategic aims
• Leading a culture of exceptional customer service to support an engaging visitor experience
• Managing the accounts and budgets for the commercial departments, producing detailed and accurate financial reports and projections
• Realising new opportunities for income generation and optimum use of assets
• Approving contracts ensuring no loopholes exist through which new business or profit could be lost
• Ensuring that staff accountabilities and responsibilities are clear and proactively manage their performance and development to ensure goals can be met
• Ensuring appropriate team structures to support business objectives
• Responsibility for Health and Safety and current legislation including food safety and hygiene and licensing.
The ideal candidate will have or be able to demonstrate
• Successful management of large teams and functions in the leisure or hospitality sector
• A strong, hands-on leadership style
• Excellent people management and communication skills
• A passion for high quality food and exceptional customer service
• Sound commercial acumen and good financial management skills
• A proven track record of maximising profits
• Flexibility in regard to working hours
In addition, candidates should also have an understanding of and empathy with the aims, objectives and mission of Chichester Cathedral.
What we can offer
As well as the opportunity to enhance your business and leadership skills in a beautiful and historic setting, we can offer;
- A salary of £38,000 plus performance bonus (OTE £43,500)
- A non- contributory pension scheme with a generous 8.5% employer contribution (additional employee contributions can be made) and life insurance
- 33 days (6.6 weeks) holiday per annum including public holidays
- Free on-site parking
- Preferential insurance rates
- Childcare Vouchers
- 10% discount in shop and café
For more information visit cathedralenterprises.org.uk