Our clients is urgently seeking an experienced Facilities Manager to join their team!
The role of Facilities Manager provides general facilities and service management in the London office, residing within the Technology Group and ultimately reporting to the Head of European Technology.
The role comes with a range of responsibilities to maintain a suitable and safe working environment for staff. These responsibilities include ensuring relevant Health and Safety regulations are adhered to, liaising with the landlord with regard to service provision, managing security and access control and getting involved in some general IT infrastructure support.
Our client occupies a fully serviced and self-contained office space and the scope of work is reflected accordingly with emphasis on Landlord relationships being key. The role also requires dealing with every department within the firm and interacting at all levels with all members of staff in one form or another.
Although the primary role is focused on the London office, there are elements that cover other locations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Plan, schedule and supervise building services maintenance tasks,
* Co-ordinate Landlord building works, power downs, UPS testing, Fire Drills, etc,
* Timely Reporting of user issues to the Landlord Service Centre and follow up on progress,
* Perform odd jobs and minor repairs around the office,
* Ensure local Health and Safety law is adhered to on all Instinet sites,
* Responsible for overall office environment safety,
* Carry out periodic Workstation Assessments and follow up on results,
* Maintain an adequate level of First Aiders and Fire Wardens and ensure First Aid kit stock levels are maintained,
* Security Badge administration, including new starter and leaver requests and lost/replacement passes,
* Arrange access requests for travelling staff members and also for people visiting the London office,
* Carry out and maintain desk patching/cabling,
* Assist with some datacentre work, server installs, upgrades and patching where possible,
* Assist with any site related work, moves/adds/changes from a physical perspective.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCES ASSESSMENT
Required to work in an office environment, dealing with staff at all levels, and also external suppliers, so strong people and communication skills are required.
Experience of managing an office environment, with a basic understanding of Health and Safety policies, procedures and law.
A flexible approach to work is required, including working outside of normal office hours and some occasional minor travelling
Basic understanding of Information Technology and Telecommunications.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION
Any IOSH or NEBOSH related training or qualifications would be an advantage