Contracts Manager leading to Contracts Director
This is an exciting role for an experienced construction professional to help establish the construction subsidiary of an already successful property development company and in turn become a key part of its future. The chosen individual will have the opportunity to influence and share in the success of a rapidly growing company with the aim of making you Contracts Director in 18 to 24 months.
The company is a well-funded, privately owned, property developer. While they will look to expand their current sites they have already secured enough work to see them through for the next 5 years on sites in west London and in the western home counties. These projects range from 95 to 218 units in size and as part of its expansion plans, the company is looking to further improve its operations by bringing construction work in-house.
You will be joining the business to work alongside the managing director in helping to establish its construction division and will play a lead role in developing the build teams and running the operations side of the company. Upon joining the company you will take over the running of two multi-unit residential schemes in west London that are currently being run by the MD. This should allow you time to bed yourself into the company and establish the teams you wish to bring into the company to help deliver the other projects coming online towards the end of the year.
- Assemble a work force of site managers, sub-contractors and direct labour.
- Procure and manage sub-contractor work packages.
- Plan and program projects ensuring that all developments are delivered safely and successfully, in line with agreed quality, cost and time related criteria.
- Programs will be monitored, maintained and regularly reported on to the MD.
- Ensure the highest standard of H&S compliance is achieved and maintained.
- Work with architects and engineers to ensure schemes are well designed and economical.
- Help manage the promotion, development and expansion of the business and protect its reputation and interests.
- Minimum 10 years post qualification experience preferred.
- Extensive experience in delivering large multi-unit schemes based around flats and apartments within urban areas.
- Experience of managing multiple site managers across multiple sites at the same time.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of building control, planning regulations and general compliance procedures.
- Clear demonstrable track record of success.
- Contact base of existing subcontractors and trade suppliers.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Strong organisation and project management skills.
- Good commercial awareness.
- Experience of supporting the bid team in securing new sites or projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Ability to plan, coordinate and provide leadership in the execution of complex construction projects.
- Assess operational effectiveness of sub-contractors.
- Analyse and interpret technical drawings accurately and effectively.
- Strong knowledge of house building process and industry, including design and specifications.
- Broad knowledge of construction techniques (traditional, steel and concrete) and associated costs.
- Ambition to run department and help shape the company’s future.
- A passion for excellence.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced, senior level construction professional who is looking to become more strategically involved in the business. In return you will be offered a generous remuneration package and genuine opportunity to develop your career to become the Contracts Director where there will also be the opportunity to build equity within a successful property development company.