Clerk/Admin Assistant - Devereux Chambers - Immediate Start
Devereux Chambers is a leading set of Chambers with 53 barristers, including 10 QCs. We are friendly and forward-looking and have an excellent reputation for the quality of our work. Our principal fields of work are in commercial litigation and arbitration; employment, discrimination and pensions; personal injury; and tax litigation. For more information visit www.devereuxchambers.co.uk
We are seeking to recruit a junior clerk as part of our Business Services Team. This is a very busy and varied role, with plenty of scope for progression. The main duties include:
- Responsibility for all incoming/outgoing post;
- Assisting barristers to/from court, carrying their papers;
- Printing/copying/scanning and organising papers for barristers;
- Arranging couriers;
- Reception cover;
- Assisting with conference room set-up and AV requirements;
- Filing photocopiers, replenishing stationery;
- Placing maintenance calls, arranging plumbers, etc.;
- Basic facilities tasks, e.g. changing light bulbs, moving furniture;
- Transferring boxes and items between buildings.
- Assisting the Chambers Administrator/Practice Managers.
You will have a minimum of 5 GCSEs (Grade A-C) or equivalent, as well as excellent communication and client/customer service skills. You will be expected to work as part of a team and have a flexible, hands on approach, be proactive, and demonstrate a 'can do’ attitude. You will willing to work hard and learn quickly.
Hours: Monday to Friday 09:00 to 18:00
Salary: £19,552 London Living Wage
Please note that we are looking to fill the position as soon as possible. Interviews will begin in the week of 27 March 2017 (before the closing date passes). We would encourage you to submit your application as soon as possible.