About The Facility
Hospital offers a wide range of medical and surgical specialities. Supported by world-class doctors from leading London teaching hospitals, the hospital has 129 beds, including a purpose-built intensive care unit, catering for Level 3 patients. Our eight fully-equipped theatres include three laminar flow theatres for orthopaedic surgery and a robotic surgery suite along with some of the most advanced radiological diagnostic facilities in the country.
We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA facilities for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. We can also offer you a relocation packages if you are living outside of London or the UK. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
As the Kitchen Porter, you will be working as part of a team ensuring that all equipment and utensils are clean and ready for use. It will be your responsibility to maintain high standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness in the kitchens.
Salary: £16,611 - £17,510 (dependent on candidate experience)
Hours and Shifts: 37.5 hours/week. Monday - Sunday, working 5 days per week (7am-3pm or 1.30pm-9.30pm)
Duties & Responsibilities
- To keep kitchen and associated area floors and walls clean and tidy
- Ensure that all kitchen equipment and utensils are clean and ready for use
- Follow kitchen cleaning schedule
- Empty refuse holders and dispose of rubbish in accordance with hospital procedure
- Keep storage areas clean and tidy
- Put away deliveries of stores
- Any other duties requested by the Head Chef
Skills & Experience
- Understanding of basic Food Hygiene regulations and practice
- Knowledge of relevant hospitals policies and procedures
- Health and Safety training
- Good Team Player
About The Individual
You will be a team player that is flexible in your approach to supporting the team and preparing your time to ensure that work is completed on time.