Receptionist Private Health Clinic based in Central London
Job Title-Receptionist/Telephone Operator - Private Healthcare Clinic
Salary - £22,500
Location - Central London
Hours - Full Time between 7.30am and 6pm shifts. Weekend rota
Type of Role - Permanent
Our client is one of the best Fertility Clinics renowned for their customer service to the patients and their families, state of the art facilities and friendly environment, professional and very passionate about their clinic and what they achieve.
Due to expansion they are now seeking another full time receptionist to join their very busy and friendly team based in their clinic.
The Role and Skills required
Responsible for the day to day management of the busy reception area. Must have excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills. Able to deal with difficult situations in a polite, friendly, efficient manner. Ability to prioritise a heavy workload and proactively make remedial changes when necessary. Able to easily build rapport with patients and visitors remaining calm and positive in all work situations. Show strong Leadership and mentoring skills.
Main Responsibilities of the Receptionist
- Responsible for ensuring Reception area is welcoming at the start of shift. Continually kept tidy, all brochures, refreshments are well stocked.
- Be part of the Reception rota, working closely with fellow receptionist, leading by example and covering shift patterns at short notice when necessary.
- Review calendars daily to ensure appointment booking slots are correct, liaise with the team on any changes and ensure all appointments have an outcome on whether the patient/visitor arrived, did not attend or rescheduled. Also highlighting any patients where crucial forms needs to be collected on arrival or letters handed out.
- Responsible for ensuring that all calendars have been printed daily and stored in case of an emergency or IT failure. The hard copy information is kept secure for reference and to roll call in case of evacuation once everyone has exited the building.
- Ensure that all messages on IDEAS (bespoke calendar and patient management system) are written clearly and accurately. Exercise due diligence and discretion in obtaining patient ID, avoiding any subsequent confusion or breach of information being given.
- Attend to patients/visitors at the front desk, update IDEAS with the attendance and ensure the patient/visitor is seen on time. (NB: All patients attending for consultations, assessments, etc should be ticked on the computer as "arrived, if not DNA’D").
- Responsible for ensuring all patients attending a New Consultation have sent their registration pack back 48 hours prior to their appointment, providing assistance on any uncompleted forms, reducing their admin time on their arrival.
- Ensure that patients are not kept waiting unduly in the waiting areas, liaise with clinical team on any delays and keep patients abreast of situation in order to main waiting times target of 20 minutes to be seen from arrival time.
- Ensure the reception telephone is answered promptly and politely at all times, using corporate opening and closing.
- Organise the Patient Open Evening, including ensuring reception team are schedule to attend. In preparation for the evening, ensure IT equipment is set-up and handouts are available and room layout organised. Ensure the following day the staff member covering this event has made polite contacts with all the attendees, making potential new patient bookings.
- Deal with irate patients in a professional polite manner, providing reassurance that issues raised will be investigated, responding verbally or written. Follow through until resolution and escalate to line managers when necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring the maintenance team are notified to clear reception of any deliveries. Also that couriers have collected samples or containers for shipment on a timely basis.
- Work closely with all the internal departments, building rapport, keeping them abreast of any issues or changes that impact their role.
- Responsible for ensuring clear shift handover is in place and any outstanding issues have been escalated.
- Keep abreast of any policy changes within IVF and up to date with mandatory training.
- Actively involved in both internal and external events, adding value to team.
- Always have a smart appearance and ensure reception team adhere to dress code and clear desk policy.
If you have worked as a medical receptionist within a Private Healthcare Clinic and are aware that there are shifts involved including a weekend rota, are both well presented and spoken with exceptional customer service and can deal with patients on a daily basis we would like to hear from you.
Send us your CV along with a covering letter and we shall respond. All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.