Interim Divisional Financial Controller
We’re looking for an experienced Finance Manager or Controller who wants to join a growing Investment / Venture Capital business. This is a part commercial, part financial role intended as interim while a permanent candidate is placed and settled in. The successful Interim Candidate is also invited to apply for the permanent role.
This is a role for someone who really enjoys team management and development and who has some experience of managing multiple entities and ideally some knowledge / experience of working with out-sourced providers.
Our client is one of the fastest growing UK Investment companies and this role is specifically to manage the commercial and financial matters of their Energy investments.
Key Parts of the Role:
- Full Financial Reporting responsibility for several entities within the Group
- Deliver high quality, accurate & timely reports to a range of investors as required
- Own and be accountable for the preparation of mid and multi-year financial forecasts and budgets
- Manage a current team of 3 Accountants and play a key part in their development
- Be responsible for process improvement, implementation and development (a key driver for a growing business)
- Provide technical advice to the teams as necessary, and ensure that the use of advisors is well managed and cost effective.
- Work closely with the Energy Portfolio Managers to ensure budgets are correct and well managed
- Own the relationship between the business and several out-sourced Accounting providers
- ACCA or ACA Qualified with at least 5 years PQE
- Background in Audit
- Ideally from a growing commercial business (Financial Services beneficial but NOT a key requirement)
- Must have multi entity experience
- Energy and personality to partake in a fast growing business
- Very strong relationship building skills
- A commercial eye and ability to spot opportunities and risks
- Passion for the importance of the role Finance plays in a growing, acquisitive business
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity to you, don’t hesitate to contact us!