So Energy are one of the fastest growing energy suppliers in the country. We pride ourselves on our open and honest approach, offering 5-star rated customer service and great prices.
Working with the directors, we’re looking to an experienced financial accountant to oversee the running of the day-to-day accounts, as well as manage the monthly reconciliation and reporting processes.
This is a great opportunity for a progressive person to carve out their role, and the flat organisational structure will see you working directly with directors and building relationships with new departmental managers. Ideally you will have previous experience in the energy supply sector and you must be looking to progress your career.
You will have strong Excel ability, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, be focused and highly accurate in your work. Applications are invited from experienced newly qualified and fully qualified candidates (preferably CIMA, or ACCA).
- Assist in the preparation of the month end process, including production of the monthly management accounts, examine budget variances and prepare internal KPIs
- Manage all regular invoice payments, and ensuring payments are properly allocated
- Prepare monthly reconciliations across invoicing and customer transactions
- Ensure that costs are monitored and controlled throughout the company and that the financial systems are current and updated as appropriate
- Assist with the preparation of statutory accounts and other regulatory documentation
- Ad hoc analysis, reviews and projects
- Prepare journals and monitor accruals and prepayments
- Establish close working relationships with internal teams
- Liaising with bank, auditors, solicitors and insurers on behalf of company
- Follow company quality, environmental and health & safety procedures
What we are looking for?
- Be a finalist or qualified in CIMA, ACCA or qualified by experience
- Have experience of producing and providing commentary on management accounts
- Excellent Excel skills and ability to reconcile large data sets
- Strong communication skills - both verbal and written
- Be able to pick things up quickly with a high attention to both detail and accuracy