Thurston Smith are delighted to offer a fantastic oppurtunity to work for my client based in Oprington as part of a brand new finance team. They have a great new modern office and a strong and fun team in place.
The position of Accounts Assistant would ideally suit individuals with demonstrable work experience in an accounts based position. You will likely be in the process of gaining qualifications (AAT or early stages of ACCA/CIMA) and have some systems skills, including Excel. Preferably 3 - 5 years of experience would be required; with previous supervisory experience as an advantage but not essential. The role would suit a progressive and analytically minded individual. The candidate will be someone who is adaptable, confident, methodical and self motivated with great attention to detail.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join a progressive business that will help you achieve your career goals.
Principal Duties and Key Tasks
- Purchase Ledger Role
- Invoice coding & processing
- Building Supplier Relationships
- Payment Runs
- Liaising with insurance companies and suppliers
- Logging and dealing with queries in a timely manner
- Bank Allocations
- Aged Debtor analysis
- Weekly Petty Cash Reconciliations
- Bank Reconciliations
- Daily Reconciliations between accounts system and operation system
- Month End Reporting
- Maintaining day to day compliance procedures
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Prepayments & Accruals
- Managing personal work workflow effectively and efficiently
- Maintaining a complete and comprehensive training record/log
- Advising Manager of any backlog in work in a timely manner
- Meeting all company set targets and departmental KPI’s
- Any Adhoc tasks required by management
- Staff Expenses payment runs
- Payroll processing
- Ensuring Team are meeting daily deadlines
- 3 - 5 years accounts experience
- Effective Communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
- High attention to detail
- Time management and Organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Strong Excel Skills
- Supervisory experience desirable but not essential
Other Duties, Responsibilities and Requirements
- The position of Accounts assistant is a key role and requires a professional and businesslike approach at all times. The candidate must always perform in accordance with the published office work standards, targets and business objectives
- The position of Accounts Assistant also requires that the individual acts and communicates in a compliant manner. An understanding of accounting procedures is required for this position.
- The ideal applicant needs to have a minimum of three year accounts experience and a high level of computer literacy with a good working knowledge of Microsoft office software. Strong knowledge of excel is a must, with working knowledge of V-looks & Pivots.
- The accounts department uses Quickbooks as their accounting software and Open GI for the operational needs of the business. Working knowledge of accounting software is required.