Salary: £36,000 - £38,000 dependant upon experience, plus company car, private health insurance, employer pension contributions at 5%, 25 days holiday, plus other benefits
This role is working for a global leader in Infrastructure Operations and Maintenance, who within Europe primarily focus on Highway Maintenance Solutions. With five locations in the UK, their clients span those within the Strategic Network and Local Authority Networks as well as other European road networks. They also serve clients in the health, retail, commercial, industrial, airport and MoD sectors.
- To implement the Company’s Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality Policies and procedures for the prevention of injury, damage and wastage. To make recommendations for changes to the policies and associated processes and systems following review and legislative change.
- Enable line management to develop and enforce safe working practices through support and advice
- Advise on the safety aspects of all stages in the design and use of plant and equipment.
- Ensure accidents and incidents are reported and investigated in a timely fashion and that reports and statistics including trend analyses are produced monthly.
- Ensure non-conformances are raised and make recommendations for corrective action.
- Understand the requirements of the relevant statutory provisions and work within these guidelines across all UK operations.
- Facilitate the creation and periodic review of risk assessments and control measures recommended ensuring that risks are as low as reasonably practicable.
- Ensure risk assessments, safe systems of work, method statements are in place and reviewed in conjunction with the operational teams.
- Coordinate the delivery of a Field Safety Inspection regime in line with current industry requirements, and ensure non-conformances raised are addressed.
- Ensure HSQE best practice is shared across the business with good communication of incidents and lessons learnt.
- To advise on employee training needs in Health & Safety, Environment and Quality and arrange for the provision of such training, in conjunction with the HR department and line management.
- To deliver HSQE training to support business objectives.
- To support with planning and execution of internal audits.
- Assist the HSQE Manager during preparation / undertaken of 3rd Party certification surveillance audits.
- As a minimum, this position requires an understanding of the requirements of the Road Construction and or Road Markings Industry, practical experience of Safety, Quality and Environmental Management systems and knowledge of ISO requirements.
- A strong background in designing, implementing, maintaining and improving Safety, Quality & Environmental Management Systems that meet the requirements of OHSAS 18001, ISO 9001 & 14001 is required.
- Experience in risk management and conducting safety, environmental and quality audits, including audit training.
- Internal auditor training qualifications are required, ideally in relation to ISO 14001, 9001 & OHSAS 18001.
- NEBOSH and or IEMA qualifications or relevant experience is preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of effective customer care.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills, be a team player and have good communication and computer skills.
- Full driving license
- Flexibility to work some evenings and occasional weekends.