Finance Manager - Portfolio & Projects
Overall Purpose of Job
The Financial Reporting team performs activities at the core of the operations of the Northview Group ("NVG").
The Finance Manager - Portfolio & Projects will own the Mortgage Asset portfolio, related balances and transactions. As well as explaining significant movements and their underlying drivers to senior management, the role will be responsible for strong processes and controls, and delivering change across a number of NVG initiatives.
- Mortgage assets -Take ownership of mortgage assets (and related balances) across all NVG legal entities and special purpose vehicles. Ensure balance movements on the operating systems (NVG and outsourced) are correctly reflected in the General Ledger. Complete related account reconciliations on a timely basis and investigate and resolve any differences. Own, maintain and update the Operating system to GL mapping tables and drive process improvement.
- Impairments - Record impairments across for NVG. Assist FP&A in booking the quarterly impairments, confirm compliance with group policies and complete account reconciliations. Understand and communicate significant movements. Ensure that the repossession process has adequate financial controls to record shortfall losses.
- Revenue & Revenue Recognition - Finance owner for the end-to-end processes for NVG’s mortgage related revenue. Ensure the operational processes, risks and related controls for interest and fees are documented and robust. Additionally, take responsibility for reviewing & booking revenue recognition journals, especially Effective Interest Rate (EIR") adjustments. Communicate the drivers for significant variances to senior management.
- Balance Sheet review - Prepare month and quarter end Balance Sheet reviews. Complete balance substantiations and analytical reviews on assigned balance sheet areas, provide commentary on actual balances as well as movements versus prior periods.
- Onboardings - Work closely with various teams to complete the necessary preparation, design, testing and onboarding of new mortgage books. Except for bank reconciliations, complete the task for all financial statement categories.
- Finance Projects - The FM-P&P will be the key face of finance working with Project Managers, Change Operations and Systems to ensure that finance requirements are considered, documented, responded to and implemented in accordance with the risk profile of the business.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Qualified accountant with 5 years+ PQE