Events and Marketing Executive
An opportunity has arisen to join the events team of this healthcare intelligence provider as an Events and Marketing Executive based in Angel, London.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for delivering operational support for LaingBuisson’s events and effective marketing campaigns for the events. As well as taking on the operational side of LaingBuisson’s events, you will produce marketing material and co-ordinate marketing activities to ensure campaigns are on schedule and within budget.
The role uses both online and offline marketing methods, (print and online advertising, email marketing, direct mail campaigns, use of social media and emerging channels etc.) and will require strong communication skills to build effective relationships with key internal stakeholders and external contacts.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to)
- Assist the Events Manager in on site execution of flawless events
- Source venues, hotels and catering for events
- Coordinate sponsors and exhibitors for each event, maintaining a relationship with them in the run up to the event
- Coordinate and be the contact for event suppliers such as AV, décor etc. as necessary
- First line customer service with event delegates, speakers and suppliers
- Create event materials such as name badges, staffing schedules, feedback surveys etc
- Arrange travel, accommodation and any special or individual requirements for staff or speakers attending the events
- Analyse feedback and provide post-event and marketing activities reports for future learning
- Coordinate the production and use of marketing materials (print and digital) for events
- Research, write and distribute event press releases to targeted media
- Monitor the media for LaingBuisson event mentions (inc newspapers, magazines, trade publications, social media etc) and ensure event listings in such media
- Maintain and update the LaingBuisson events and awards web pages
- Manage LaingBuisson’s social media accounts for events - including Twitter, LinkedIn & Facebook
- Create and manage an e-communications schedule for events
- Understanding of marketing principles, developments and new techniques and demonstrated experience in campaign management
- Events experience preferable
- Organisation skills and ability to manage simultaneous projects to tight deadlines and to prioritise tasks
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of audience and products
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written - and a strong track record of creating compelling and effective communications
- Copy writing, proofreading skills and attention to details
- Exemplary interpersonal skills and team-working
- Computer literate with good knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Knowledge of InDesign
- Self-confident and mature individual who will be able to establish and sustain strong working relationships
- Highly adaptable and pragmatic
- Confident in sharing opinions backed up with sound reasoning
- Good at identifying and solving problems
- High levels of resilience, energy and enthusiasm, but able to remain calm and focussed in a pressurised situation
Based at the main office in Angel, London, with some travel nationally for event support.
This is a full time permanent position, with starting salary of £22,000 per annum. LaingBuisson offers 23 days of annual leave (in addition to bank holidays) and other staff benefits available pending a three-month probation period.
Please note that only applicants with permission to work in the UK need apply.
To apply with a cover letter and CV, quoting reference ME2017 in the email subject line.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on 31st March 2017. Interviews will be scheduled for the week commencing 3rd April2017, ideal start date as soon as possible.