Data Insight Analyst
Job Title: Data Insight Analyst
Reporting to: Head of Analytics
Based: West London
Salary: £30,000 plus attractive bonus and benefits
One of the original FinTech companies within business-to-business finance. They specialise in allowing small to medium size businesses borrow money in a shorter amount of time than the process with a typical bank or finance company. The loans are usually short-term and at a more reasonable price than that which traditional institutions can offer as there are no physical premises and the overheads associated.
Another innovation is in the way in which the loan can be repaid. Clients can choose to pay a percentage of incoming transactions towards their loan meaning that the debt is paid in smaller more regular chunks. The price of the loan never changes meaning that there are no hidden fees.
There are significant growth plans in 2017. The analytics team have proven to the rest of the business that their insights drive better decisions so the business have invested heavily in this department.
A new data warehouse and business information tool have recently been implemented which allow more stakeholders to access key data and reports. The Data Analyst will help to build those dashboards and reports and help to build existing and incoming data into the data warehouse.
Further to this, the analytics team also model data using R and Excel to build scorecards that predict credit risk. This is a great opportunity for an analyst with data handling experience to learn statistical data modelling and instantly advance their career.
- Responsible for data strategy; making clear the process to access key data to answer key business decisions
- Data Governance and standard operating procedures relating to data handling
- Monitor quality of data
- Define and automate the delivery of MI to senior management
- Credit Risk analysis: analyse portfolio performance, understand current trends, risks and opportunities
- Marketing analytics: using data insight to improve customer targeting and performance
- Highly numerate, with a minimum 2:1 degree from a leading university
- Understands how data can be used to make business decisions
- Experience working with large data sets: manipulating, analysing and interpreting data from various sources
- Ability to convey complex findings to a range of technical and non-technical colleagues
- Drive to make your recommendations happen
- SQL and experience using enterprise data warehouse systems
- Python or R (desirable)