Working within a stone’s throw of East Croydon station, this is an opportunity within a well-established SME business for a Financial Controller to join its busy team.
About The Role
As the Financial Controller, you will be working with the Finance Director in controlling the day-to-day running of the finance team forming part of the leadership team.
Within this role you will responsible for:
- Producing monthly management accounts and board packs
- Oversee a small team with the production of reconciliations, journals, sales and purchase ledger
- Drive business performance and performance reviews
- Manage short term cashflow reporting and rolling 3 month forecasts
- Responsible for the delivery of financial objectives within budget
About Our Client
This role is working within a well-established business that has aspirations to more than double their turnover in the next couple of years. In which you will be part of the key commercial drivers within the business to make this succeed.
We are looking for an individual that has had experience of running a busy finance team and preparing monthly management accounts within a fast-moving business.
Key requirements for this role are:
- Hold a full accountancy qualification (ACCA or CIMA)
- Have experience of working as a Financial Controller or within a similar role leading a finance team
- Extensive experience of Monthly Management Accounts
- Previous staff management experience, looking after a small team
- This would suit an individual that has experience from within an SME environment.
Things You Should Know
As the companies grows, so will your role and you will take on more responsibility and focus on more commercial aspects within the business.
Commutable from: Bromley, Crawley, Croydon, Dorking, Epsom, Kingston, Leatherhead, London, Redhill, Reigate
Howett Thorpe recruit for roles within accounts payable, credit control, payroll also covering accounts assistants, audit, management accounts, financial accounts, analysts, financial controllers, financial directors, corporate finance, tax including all part qualified and qualified vacancies.
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)