Web Developer/Designer - 18-month fixed term contract
18-month fixed term contract
(37.5 hours per week)
Salary: £24,000 to £30,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Are you looking for a varied role within a company where you can really make a difference? Are you enthusiastic, hardworking and creative?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Web Developer/Designer to join our marketing team at Create.
Create Group is a growing professional services group based in Bristol and we are looking for an energetic and dynamic Web Developer/Designer to be responsible for developing innovative web-based tools, and fitting the briefs of our internal and external clients. Programming, basic graphic design and database administration are all elements of this position.
The Web Developer/Designer will take responsibility for creating websites, this includes collaborating on the design, layout and front/back end development. This can mean working on a brand-new website or updating an already existing site.
This will involve working from initial concepts, creating site architecture and user interface design to finished deliverable code. As well as working with pre-existing WordPress themes you will be expected to have the ability to create custom themes.
Producing documentation and maintenance for the sites you have worked on will also be part of the role.
Following on from the above, the Company would like to appoint a Web Designer/Developer who has detailed knowledge and experience WordPress along with the following skill set:
- Take ownership and the lead of the design side of the company; Creating bespoke Wordpress Websites from the ground up for their clients.
- Communicating frequently with clients as to status of Web Site Development.
- Experience of working in web development and interface design
- Strong and detailed specialist knowledge of WordPress
- Familiarity with web standards and usability
- Ability to work on multiple projects at a time
- Knowledge of search engine optimisation and link analysis
* Other desirable skills would include:
- Familiarity with video for web
- Familiarity with CodeIgniter framework
- Familiarity with web server configurations (Windows and Linux) a plus
- 1st / 2.1 degree in computing, design or similar
No agencies please