Change and Implementation Manager
Location - Runcorn, Cheshire (with occasional travel to London)
Package - a competitive salary with an additional car allowance, bonus and the standard benefits
About the role
In September 2013, the Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC) granted Smart DCC Ltd the licence to establish and manage the data and communications network to connect smart meters to the business systems of energy suppliers, network operators and other authorised service users of the network.
Customer Operations and Business Improvement (COBI) is led by the COO and includes the following functions:
- BI/MI, Forecasting and planning
- Communications (internal and external communications)
- Industry (liaison and stakeholder management)
- Information Security
- Operational Change and Implementation
- Operational Governance
- Operations (the 'live' operation)
The Operational Change and Implementation (OCI) team acts as "the one front door" for major change into DCC's live operation. Migration of releases from the DCC Programme team into live operations falls within the remit of this team.
DCC are now looking for two Change and Implementation Managers to migrate releases successfully from the Programme into live operations, through the DCC migration process. The roles will also involve the identification and management of solution requirements to optimise DCC Operations.
About Capita | DCC Smart Metering
Capita Data and Communications Company (DCC) is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
Capita was awarded the DCC Licence in October 2013 as part of the UK government's smart metering programme. This was set up to enable the roll out of over 53m smart meters across the UK by 2020.
What you will do:
- Release management
- Successful stewardship of specified releases through the DCC migration process into live operations
- Work closely with release, design and delivery teams to:
- Ensure appropriate consideration of operational priorities and constraints (with regard to specific releases) at each stage of the project and Programme lifecycle
- Ensure that services and their underlying systems and data are 'fit' and ready to be migrated into the live environment
- Map release outputs to live services in order to assess their operational impact
- Work closely with the DCC Operations team and Service Providers (SPs) to ensure that they are ready to accept and support the capabilities provided in specified releases
- Work with DCC Industry and Communications teams to ensure industry is kept informed appropriately of changes to DCC services
- Develop and maintain clear, detailed plans and risk, issue and action logs for the migration of specified releases
- Interact with relevant users, suppliers and third parties to ensure that deliverables and milestones are achieved throughout the operational readiness process
- Manage the creation, maintenance, configuration control and appropriate storage of migration collateral, in accordance with DCC governance
- Operational requirements management
- Work with the Operations team, SPs, Industry team and others to identify, capture and present solution requirements to optimise DCC Operations.
- Work with SMEs to ensure agreed operational requirements are incorporated appropriately into solution designs and governance arrangements (e.g. process flows and 'swim lane' diagrams, function and role terms of reference)
Your experience will include:
- Experience of operational implementation delivery and change management within a technical, multi-supplier, business-to-business service environment
- Able to articulate the challenges a business operation faces when consistent change is being delivered
- Able to understand, analysis, interpret and report on operational performance data
- Good understanding of a range of best practice project and programme delivery (e.g. agile, waterfall) with the emphasis on operational delivery (this is not a pure project manager role)
- Requirements capture and management including best practice methods and tools
- Strong stakeholder management skills and gravitas at senior level
- Strong communication and reporting skills
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, a 10% discretionary bonus, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.