Account Manager, near Nottingham /Derby
To support trade activity in the regions such as UK, Ireland, Northern Europe, through the development and maintenance of a customer base to which sales of traded scrap and other commodities can be made. This customer base will consist of production and storage facilities, suppliers, dealers and other independent scrap buying or selling companies.
- The Company is a worldwide manufacturer of construction, rail equipment, diesel engines, and gas turbines and a provider of financial products. The scrap trading functional area is responsible for trading, long-range planning and marketing strategies to have customers in place to market traded scrap and other commodities.
- Quality and teamwork are essential elements of the Company philosophy and are important to this position's effectiveness.
- The post holder will maintain a credit worthy customer relationship and by making periodic sales visits and overseeing the scheduling of orders and delivery of the materials to the customer.
- This activity provides the outlet to recover Company monies on materials taken in trade deals.
- The post holder will therefore maintain and develop Company scrap and other trade materials to the customer base through face-to-face contact with customers, operating officers, and purchasing management.
- In addition, they will monitor and revise accounts receivable by customer and report issues to the Company.
- The post holder will also manage the logistics and scheduling of customer orders and delivery of material schedules with Company trade partners, ensuring customer satisfaction with the entire process and also provide planning direction to purchasing concerning customer needs.
- Typical internal customers include the position's work group Company facilities. External contacts include various scrap Customers and Suppliers. The position is challenged to carefully evaluate problems and review a large number of possible solutions before selecting one option. Problems may be complex and will require the incumbent to develop solutions and they will be free to determine the best way to complete job assignments in order to achieve desired results. Work is reviewed after completion, except in the most complex or high impact situations.
- Impacts key quality goals including Customer Satisfaction, Timeliness, Accuracy, Efficiency, and Cost Savings.
- The position will require significant travel with an approximate minimum of 60%, domestic or internationally.
The Ideal Candidate:
- This post holder will require knowledge of global scrap buying, selling cultures and transportation (logistics) of materials.
- Experience at least two of the following areas is a pre-requisite: trading, tactical marketing, purchasing or logistics.
- In addition, one to three years of progressively responsible job related experience are typically required.
- The incumbent must understand the benefits of developing trade partnerships in their territories and possess skills to accomplish and develop these relationships
- Graduate or equivalent with a business or engineering degree or similar
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 + Benefits
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This role may be of interest to people in the following: Account Manager Business Development Manager Key Account Manager Sales Manager Sales Executive Consultant Rail Industry Train Transport Production Manufacturing Derby Burton Upon Trent Loughborough Doncaster Sheffield Barnsley Nottinghamshire Derbyshire South Yorkshire East Midlands