DS Smith has an excellent opportunity for an Assistant Accountant to join our Shared Service Centre on a permanent basis. The successful candidate will assist in the delivery of a World Class accounting service to respective UK businesses and in accordance with service level agreements, perform general accounting and reporting activities.
The position will require an understanding of our business process at each site, and will require interaction with the P2P and C&C departments within the SSC. It is a great opportunity for an individual’s career development within the role, the SSC, and DS Smith generally.
There will be some UK travel may be required with the role.
The main duties of the role will include but not be limited to the following:
• Preparing prepayments and accruals
• Sales Reconciliations on a weekly/daily basis
• Preparing the Intrastat monthly
• Preparing VAT Returns monthly for quarter reporting
• Aged analysis on debtors and creditors
• Balance sheet reconciliations
• Additional month end tasks (Stock, intercompany reconciliations etc)
• Support the accountant providing routine and ad-hoc analysis as requested by site operations, Finance Business Partners, Division and Group Finance
• HFM reporting
• Supporting Group and Divisional reporting requirements
• Ensuring activities are completed on timely basis to meet reporting deadlines
• Identifying areas of improvement to facilitate a smarter close process
What we would like our candidate to have…
• IT literate including MS office suite and in particular Excel
• Previous experience of working within a team
• Previous experience of building relationships with customers
• Previous experience of working to tight deadlines
• Previous experience of providing accounting or reporting services
• Experience of using SAP, similar ERP system, HFM reporting
About DS Smith...
DS Smith is a leading supplier of sustainable packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 250 listed business with a turnover in excess of £3.6 billion. The organisation employs over 26,000 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
Salary: £21,000-£23,000 plyus up to 5% bonus
•25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
•Annual cycle to work scheme
Location: Caerphilly, South Wales
Please submit a copy of your current CV, along with a cover letter, detailing a synopsis of your CV & summarising the key points of your experience that are relevant to the role for which you are applying.