We are looking for a Quality Engineer to join a specialised company in Marsh Barton who either is looking to continue their career or progress in to a different industry; Established in 1931 our client supply’s high quality products to the aerospace, motor, marine, electronic and other engineering sectors.
The selected candidate would be reporting to the Quality Manager and be responsible for the support of the inspection process, clearly defining any corrective/ preventive actions whist ensuring they’re keeping within strict guidelines to resolve any NCR’s on a timely basis. They will need to prove strong attention to detail, have excellent problem solving and communication skills.
A solid understanding and experience of quality methodology and processes such as; Six Sigma, ISO 9001, NADCAP and FMEA is essential as well as a confidence in IT.
Duties would be:
*Ensuring that production inspections and QC tests are aligned with customer needs.
* Working closely with inspectors to improve best practice and support continuous improvement.
* Collecting and analysing, trend and report data on rejects from routine production inspection and QC tests. Related processes to establish improvement priorities and identify common threads in order to reduce the rejects.
* Undertaking scheduled internal process audits. These will where relevant, include industry and customer specific requirements e.g. AS9100, NADCAP
* Providing support to Quality Assurance Manager during external audits.
* Actively reducing NCR generation through communication with operatives and clearly identifying corrective / actions.
* The Coordination and reporting of relevant failure investigations and subsequent corrective and preventive actions and reviewing their effectiveness.
*Working with the production team on processes to ensure that practices and standards are validated, and continuously improved. * Preparation of miscellaneous documentation / reports.
* Review and develop procedures relevant to departmental operations.
This is an amazing opportunity and a permanent role. Apply now!