Accounts Semi Senior
Accounts Semi Senior - Permanent - Blackburn, UK
Salary - up to £18,000pa
Stratford Reid are working with a well-established Accountancy firm who are looking for a Accounts Semi-Senior in their offices based in Blackburn.
In return the firm are offering up to £18,000 per annum with fantastic benefits including on site parking, 5% employer pension contribution & flexible benefits. The firm was recently listed as one of the top 10 firms to work for. This is a great opportunity to work for a vibrant and dynamic firm of accountants.
The role would be ideal for an enthusiastic individual who is currently studying towards the AAT, ACA, or ACCA qualification. Candidates should have recently spent at least two years working in practice.
The ideal candidate to join them will have the following responsibilities-
- To undertake accounts preparation for sole traders, partnerships and audit exempt limited companies within a portfolio of clients. This work will include income and corporation tax computations.
- To perform book-keeping duties.
- To prepare VAT returns.
- To prepare management accounts, cash flow forecasts and projections.
- To undertake such additional or alternative duties when requested and in line with experience, skills and training.
- To actively support and co-operate with other members of Run My Business team
The ideal candidate will be-
- Keen to play an active role in a dynamic team and willing to contribute to the success and development of the team and the firm as a whole.
- Passionate about providing great client service.
- Great at communicating with people at all levels - face to face and in writing
- Positive and good at using your initiative.
- Ambitious and motivated.
In return the firm are offering
- 23.5 days’ holiday per annum + bank holidays (3.5 days to be used for the Christmas closedown)
- On site free parking
- Flexible benefits (salary sacrifice) scheme including a range of benefits such as private medical insurance, child care vouchers, extra holidays etc.
- Employer pension contribution of 5%
- Death in Service life cover of 2 x salary
- Permanent Health Insurance (PHI) following 2 years’ service
- Annualised hours based on 36.25 hours per week (or agreed part time hours)
- Support will be given where appropriate, to continue professional development towards the AAT, ACCA or ACA qualification.
- Internal support to develop knowledge.
- Regular performance reviews, including post job reviews and mentoring alongside an annual personal development plan, to ensure development is maintained and help you reach your full potential.
If you are interested in this position and believe you have the skills and experience desired, we encourage you to get in touch and apply today.