A leading IT company based in the City of London are looking to recruit a 'Junior Accountant'.
The role is paying £33-35K.
You MUST have a BA or BS degree in Finance, Accounting, or other related field.
The Jr. Accountant is generally responsible for the following: Managing the day-to-day accounts receivable/payable, accounting & reporting functions; Managing month-end closing process; preparing journal entries; reconcile accounts from the general ledger and preparing month-end reports.
The role incorporates the following -
General Finance & Accounting
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded.
- Supervision, review and processing of vendor invoices, recurring bank payments, staff expense reports, corporate credit cards accurately and in a timely manner.
- Process payable invoice for authorization through company's MINT expense reporting system.
- Tie-in Travel & Expense (T&E) report to supporting receipts, and follow-up on discrepancies.
- Post invoices through accounting system
- Process the payments in accord with internal control.
- Review and record intercompany transactions per company policy.
- Contact vendors to resolve questionable charges and resolve issues.
- Assist internal and external audits.
- Manage and file accounting documents.
- Manage and post the prepaid expenses and accrual expenses.
- Prepare quarterly VAT return, MOSS and EC sales list.
- Assist to prepare P11D.
- Periodic account reconciliations and bank reconciliations.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED -
- BA or BS degree in Finance, Accounting, or other related field.
- 2 - 3 years previous accounting experience.
- Knowledgeable in accounting system (SAP); proficient with MS-Office; expert in Excel.
- Ability to handle a multitude of tasks quickly and accurately.
- Able to work independently at a high level of accuracy.
- Must be able to organise assigned workload and perform work efficiently.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading organisation with excellent career prospects and generous staff benefits.
PLEASE APPLY NOW!