Overall Purpose of Job
- Business Analyst will work closely with Clients, Business and IT specialists, providing key analytical support that will allow business needs and requirements to be understood, documented, delivered and tested in order that loan migration, technology, process and organisational changes can be deployed and supported effectively.
- Assist in the administration and co-ordination of Acenden’s key relationships, such as internal stakeholders, investors and other external bodies e.g. solicitors, auditors etc.
- Prepare for and facilitate requirement capture workshops with external clients and internal business areas
- Define and document high level and detailed business requirements, to Acenden standards using Acenden agreed process and tools.
- Estimate resources and timings for project plans
- Undertake Impact Assessments to identify operational and technical gaps in operating processes, functionality and operating models
- Gap Analysis (process and data) to drive requirements definition in for migration projects
- Produce business cases that allow the business to evaluate and understand the expected benefits of new initiatives, which will help to drive project priorities
- To provide support for Client Change Requests, to ensure they that are met to standards as prescribed during the project lifecycle
- Providing support to the IT Team during system functional specification, design and construction processes - effectively representing the business user, ensuring requirements are met.
- Providing input into System, User Acceptance and Operational Acceptance Testing, including the set up and running of Model Offices as appropriate.
- Providing input into definition of training requirements and liaising with the operation and L&D to prepare training plans and materials, including communications.
- When working specifically on Client driven projects, act as a support point of contact for inbound and outgoing queries from and to any clients, ensuring good communications and a full audit trail exist
- Ensure high quality services are provided to all clients, with a minimum accordance to the agreed SLAs.
- Proactively manage requests from clients for analytical data or due diligence on current or prospective pools.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- At least 3 years’ experience in a Business Analyst role, within a mortgage lending or other financial institution.
- Working experience of formal analysis techniques and supporting tools for requirement definition and documentation.
- Experience of managing 3rd party relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent MS Office skills e.g. Word, Excel
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Experience in mortgage lending and securitisation areas necessary
- Previous client or customer relationship management would be preferential.
Candidates will be effective at:
- Logical and analytical thinking
- Demonstrating an ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Planning, prioritising and demonstrating time management skills
- Communicating with and managing expectations of key stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- Co-ordination of relevant business areas and 3rd parties
- Co-ordinating and prioritising activities, on time and on budget, to the mutual satisfaction of Acenden and the client(s)
- Creating action through influencing skills
- Energetic and enthusiastic with a can-do attitude
- Tenacious and resilient
- Self-motivated and requiring little support
- Managing workload to tight deadlines
- Experience in a financial services related industry
- Degree or BA Certification preferred