Assistant Finance Manager
Assistant Finance Manager
We seek an Assistant Finance Manager to support the Finance Manager in providing a full range of accounting services to a small network of businesses based in Norfolk, Cambridgeshire and Singapore.
Our companies work together to drive the highest quality observational and pragmatic research in disease burden and management for improved patient outcomes in the UK and Asian Pacific region. Our studies are investigator-initiated, collaborative and sponsored, and we lead projects end-to-end from idea generation to publication.
The Assistant Finance Manager will oversee the accounts of several small businesses and for key individuals, ensuring a full provision of timely accounting services. This role will provide the right candidate with the opportunity to build their experience of journals, bought and sales ledger, taxation and payroll amongst all other aspects of general accounting in the UK. There will also be the opportunity to gain exposure to international accounts management through close liaison with the team in Singapore and other international clients and workers.
The right candidate will be able to build relationships quickly and use their knowledge and influence to steer the financial management of the businesses, playing a key role in influencing financial decisions and interacting with clients and employees at all levels.
This role can be based at our office located in Aylsham, Norfolk or Singapore. Candidates should have at least 3 year’s experience in generalist financial management gained within a small/medium sized business environment, experience of international working will be an advantage.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Handles daily accounting activities which include preparation of journal entries, accounts receivables, accounts payable, general ledger
- Acts as a liaison and coordinates with the relevant regulatory authorities on various statutory, secretarial matters relating to finance, tax and other related issues.
- Ensures all statutory and tax returns are prepared and filed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Oversees the annual statutory audit and preparation of annual accounts/ financial statements and reports for compliance with local government regulations and relevant financial and accounting standards.
- Payroll management and administration
- Maintains organized set of detailed records and files to document all financial transactions.
- Manage and identify areas to improve financial business processes
- Other matters as assigned by management
Key skills, qualifications and experience for this role:
- Ideally educated to degree level or higher
- AAT, ACCA or CIMA part or full qualifications highly desirable but equivalent experience will be considered
- At least 3 years of generalist experience in key financial processes
- In depth knowledge of financial systems, tools and techniques
- Excellent level of accuracy, exceptional attention to detail and organisational skills
- Ability to self-manage and be self-motivated to deliver results using own initiative
- Good time management and planning skills
- Excellent communicator, able to provide succinct and timely information
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task to achieve tasks, daily and ad-hoc urgent matters
- Experience of international working would be an advantage
- Experience of operating financial systems (Xero would be an advantage)
Salary is offered commensurate with qualifications and level of experience and will be in the range of £25,000 - £35,000 per annum. Part time and flexible working arrangements will be considered.